I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Anchored Together Forever

I mentioned a while back that I was getting a new tattoo. I can't remember if I mentioned that my family was all getting tattooed together.

We have been planning this for several years, and knew that we all wanted anchor tattoos on our right hips. The time finally came when we made it a reality! This was a Christmas gift to our kids, and ourselves...and while we had all of us together we made the appointment and got inked.

We took our designs to Fat Kats on the square. Alex and Ron did an excellent job of giving us what we wanted.
Now the AFTER!
Kandi has a pretty filigree anchor
Kyle's 8 bit anchor
Shae has a big anchor
Hubby's anchor with a moray eel
Laci's crochet hooks anchor with yarn ball
My anchor with shells
Our tats are still in the healing process, and flaking skin at this point. That is normal! We follow our care instructions to a T! When mine is finished healing I'm having some gray added to my anchor, and eventually more shells around it.

It was terribly difficult to pick a photo of the whole family because they all turned out unflattering to at least one person in the pic, and it was usually me! Excuse our exposure, and yes I have gained 25 pounds since I last posted a pic of myself! It's the sweet tea!!! I'm horribly addicted!

Anchored at the Hip
The family that gets inked together is linked together forever! I am so honored that our kids love us so much that they would want to do this with us. I love each and every one of them, and I'm proud to be their mom!

I'm already planning my next tattoo, and I can't wait!

Do you have ink?

XO
Del


10 comments:

Giggly said...

This is the best thing ever! I love your family and these tattoos that anchor you together.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

You are the coolest family ever!! I love the tattoo's, but especially yours with the shell. What a cool idea for all of you. How long did it take for all of you to get it done?

Completely Coastal said...

I love your's the best!!! True! Nope, never got inked.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How awesome! I am amazed! What a wonderful family you have, Della! I know you're proud of your sweet kids! I don't have a tattoo...I felt brave just getting a second set of holes pierced in my ears last year! heehee! You ROCK, girlfriend! ♥

Eyelah said...

That is so cool that you did that. I also love the fact that everyone's tattoo is unique to them. I definitely love the one with yarn. I have a crescent moon tattoo on my left wrist. My mother and I got tattoos together 2hrs before my 21st birthday in a sketchy Atlantic City tattoo parlor. Her's is slighty different than mine but she was next to me the whole time.

Kaybe said...

No ink here. Ya'll have a wonderful memory to talk about for years to come. I suspect this won't be the last get together...heehee

Sheryl Hastings said...

I love this! What a great idea. You all did the anchor in your own ways. They look wonderful!!!

My daughter and I were going to do this before she moved to Delaware but she chickened out. We were going to get black cats.

The Beaded Pillow said...

I think it's great that your whole family went together for the anchor tattoos...how cool. Hard to pick a favorite, though...they're all so unique.

RottenMom said...

How does it feel to be the coolest family I "know"?! I am in awe of the idea and the anchors and the doing it all together. Now that's some love.

I don't have any ink, but I really want some!

Shellbelle said...

This is SO cool! Love the whole idea behind your family's tats and, of course, yours is my favorite.

Personally, I don't have any, but I have lots of friends and family with them. It took me many years to warm up to the idea of inking your skin, but I've come around, lol.

I've drove to Jacksonville and went right through your town! Next time, I'll have to stop by.

Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...