I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Seashells and Shell Pearls

I hit the local bead stores a couple of weeks or so ago, and bought some shell pearls at both of them. I couldn't resist the perfect roundness of them. The colors were delightful as well!

This first one  has deep coral, stark white, and off white shell pearls, and one of those darling heart cockles.
Very plain, but very pretty! Sometimes you just don't need any bling at all.
Just simple sterling silver findings.
Some Rhodochrosite gemstone beads compliment the coral pink. This color looks very much like the popular Honeysuckle pink that has been the rage. I just think it's pretty.

A big moon snail shell was the perfect color for the yellow shell beads...
and some Indicolite Austrian crystals accent this shell in a nice way.
Oxidized sterling silver and a touch of gunmetal really set it off.
I am so not happy with these pics. This is a tough piece to fit in a photo!
and I forgot to mention there are a few freshwater pearls.

I will list this in my Etsy shop when I'm satisfied with my pics.

I'm still working on getting all of my necklaces shot on the bust. I can't wait til that is finished!

6 comments:

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

I love the last piece, it's beautiful!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Very cool pieces-do you use clear spray to make them shiny>

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I really like the yellow pearls with the blue crystals - nice color combo.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! That first one is exquisite! I love the pinks and whites...and that beautiful shell! You are creating some beautiful jewelry, Della! I'm like a little kid in a candy shop when I visit your shop!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh my what wonderful pieces! I LOVE pearls!!!

Sheryl Hastings said...

Beautiful jewelry. That top piece is my favorite. I love the colors and the seashell goes perfectly with that color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...