I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Seashell Crowns for Mermaids

Do you remember a few months ago, I was working on a custom order? I wouldn't tell what it was, and didn't give anything away as to what I was working on...not even a hint.

Well, I can tell now!


I was asked to make a Mermaid Seashell Crown with pink shells, that looked like the crown Alana, Ariel's sister is wearing in the movie the Little Mermaid.  My customer is playing the part in an upcoming play!


The criteria for the shell crown, besides being pink, was that it has to stay on her head while she is wearing a wig.


This is an 'in progress photo', and you can see that I used a long toothed comb style headband.


I also left long streamers of ribbon at the ends to be tied underneath/behind her head. She can trim them if she needs to :)



This was a super cool project to take on, and I am completely happy with the results! I am thrilled to finally be sharing it with you all :) And my customer is just as thrilled with the finished piece!!!!

I do have more shell crown ideas that don't involve paint....just shells and pearls, and ribbon. Now that I've sold this one, I can start working on the others. I'll just add it to my looooooong To Do list!

Can you think of anything I should add to my To Do list?


6 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That turned out SO cool! What a fun idea. Wouldn't those be a cute theme idea for a little girls birthday party? Or a wedding?

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh my! This is fabulous! What a fun project to work on! I think little girls everywhere would be wanting this. I see mermaid birthday parties in your future!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is beautiful. It makes me wish we could go around wearing tiarras during the day....or at least when we get dressed up! lol You've created something lovely. I know your customer is thrilled! Enjoy your day! Sweet hugs!

Eyelah said...

I LOVE The Little Mermaid. I really wanted to be a mermaid. I'm still a bit disappointed it didn't happen.

Cheryl K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl K said...

Ooohhhh...so many possibilities. You could open an entire Etsy shop just to sell seashell crowns!
And the next thing on your To Do list is...a well-deserved vacation...because you are so awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...