I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sea Notes Seashell Jewelry

Hello! I have been working on a new shell jewelry line that I am calling the Sea Notes Collection. I've been working with raw brass, and a torch. I haven't been wanting to work with much else lately besides my shells! If it doesn't involve shells and pearls, then I'm not interested in making it. I've found my niche, and shells are my preferred medium to play or work with. I have made other shell jewelry recently, but today we are going with these because I want to share them with you, and get them listed!

 I'm lovin' this necklace! The pearls and Swarovski crystals are lovely, the shell is a perfect size for a pendant, and this is also reversible.
This was a little time consuming, but all good things usually are! I'll be on the hunt for white shells the next time we go to the beach, I don't have as many as I'd like, or in the sizes I want either. I found some awesome scrapbook paper that looks like an old ships log, and I love (of course!) the way these look on this paper!!!
These shells are small, and make such cute earrings. I made a small necklace to match.
These are fun, and a bit different, and I had to use these charms someday. I bought them for Laci to play with, but she isn't interested in making jewelry anymore. She's my yarn lovin' girl! I have a few charms left, and I'll see if I have what I need as far as shells go....

But I really need to get back to my Surf n Turf Collection, and work on the bracelets I've been thinking about, and have laying out. So many things to make, so little time! You know how it goes...

and then we have me being Miss Uber Picky. I can't even buy pearls in town because I look them over, and put them back. I just can't bring myself to use low grade inferior pearls! I hand select every single pearl I use in my designs. I did buy some very funky natural baroque pearls, and I can't wait to use them. They are kind of gnarly looking, but in a very cool way! 

I must beg forgiveness for not posting lately, I've had a lot going on. I'd love to explain, but that story is for another blog :)

Like I said, so many things, so little time....

I'll see you all soon! 
Have a super day!

Del

6 comments:

madebymum said...

You are clever, I was at Tensmuir beach this week with my monkey's ( its in North East Fife) we had a great day and collected lots of shell.

Nora said...

Those are just beautiful... Wonderful pieces...

OnePerfectDay said...

Such pretty shells!
I like what you've done with them1

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! I saw you featured on Completely coastal today! That makes you feel great, doesn't it? You are SO talented, my friend! ♥

Della said...

Oh thank you Diane! You always say the sweetest things :D Also, thanks for letting me know about the feature from Completely Coastal! I had no idea, as I haven't been keeping up lately. I'll explain shortly.
Hugs to you dear friend!

Shellbelle said...

Oh yes, I definitely understand the whole "so many things to make, so little time…" thing and only wanting to work with seashells!

Your new Sea Notes collection is wonderful! You combine two things I love — seashells and music! Keep up the great work, my friend.

Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...