I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Auger Seashell Necklace Sea Notes Collection

Yesterday I listed a new piece in my Sea Notes Collection. An Auger shell with a treble clef, and freshwater pearls. I love how this turned out!
The toggle on this necklace reminds me of a wave! I was going to use a hook clasp, but when I saw this toggle in my toggle and clasps box I knew it would be perfect for this.

I have a pair of auger shell earrings in the works, too, for this collection. Not the same kind of auger as this one.

I did have some shell fails yesterday, much to my dismay. I was planing to use some Dosinia shells, drilled the holes perfectly, and managed to chip the shells right by the hole putting the earrings together. I'll have to find another use for my Dosinia's. They just aren't sturdy enough for earrings, and maybe not sturdy enough for jewelry at all. I'm hoping to wrap up the Sea Notes Collection by the weekend, but it totally depends on whether I continue to break shells or not. I swear a little piece of my heart breaks off every time I bust a shell! It's heartbreaking as well as frustrating. Any broken shells get taken out to reside by the pond. You didn't think I threw them away, did you? Of course not! They are still precious to me! Wish me luck that I don't break any today!

Do you ever mess up something you planned on turning out perfectly beautiful? Do tell, and make me feel better!

I have to say Happy Birthday to a special fella in my life! Happy Birthday Zach! I love you!
Zachy is 4 years old today! He has been by my side since the day he was born, and he is an awesome companion. I love this boy so much!


Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Love,
Del

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Your puppy dog is so cute! Pets are the best :)

I also love the treble clef necklace!

Shellbelle said...

You're doing such a nice job on your jewelry! I still love the whole idea of music and shells together!

Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter and to your pooch today!

Hugs

Della said...

Thanks Amanda! Pets are the best! I don't know what I would do without Zach. He is my constant companion!

Thanks Shellbelle! I'll really your birthday wishes! I'm so glad you love the music notes and shells! I do, too!

Love you's!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a gorgeous new necklace! You are so creative! I was trying to think of working on a project that I had trouble with...and I remembered a purse I made and spent HOURS on that was a disaster. It makes you want to quit for awhile....walk away! But then you have another idea and off you go! You sure encouraged me with your comment on my sewing this morning! I thought a couple of my comments were not very positive...so I just went and read YOURS again! Hugs to you! ♥

Della said...

Anytime for you dear Diane! I enjoy your blog, creativity, and I love the comments you leave for me! You always make me smile!

Jane Bingham said...

love your jewelry..the bracelets are wonderful! I live in MNissouri of course a "landlock" state. Would love to buy from you Sincerely Jane

Della said...

Hi Jane, and thank you! I've been through Missouri. It was a number of years ago though!

Anytime you are interested, you may browse my etsy shop. The link is in my sidebar, and will take you there. Thanks for your comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...