I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Farmers Market and Craft Show

It was a beautiful weekend in north central Florida, and perfect for craft fairs and farmers markets! I didn't sell much, but I did sell a few small things. And of course I bought stuff and spent more than I made lol. But it was FOOD and a couple of Christmas gifts for friends, so that's ok :)

We set up in a different spot this time. Right in front next to the parking lot.




Laci made some new things!


This is her lil jelly fish family...aren't they so cute?! I want them!


And she brought one of her hemp produce bags. I already have one of these, and I love it!

This is Anna of Vagabond Crafts, the coordinator of our craft show. We love Anna:)


Anna makes crochet doggy sweaters, purses....


baby sweaters and booties, and little purses to carry your cell phone in. She does make blankets and other things (like dolls!) but didn't have them with her this time.


She did have some fresh picked grapefruit since it was the farmers market weekend....


some brownies and cupcakes......


and some delicious gingerbread! I know first hand cause I ate some :)


This is Barbara and George(?) I'm pretty sure he is George, but not 100% positive she is a Barbara, but I think so. They sell the produce, obviously :P which is why I bought food. I couldn't resist broccoli that had just been picked that morning!


I bought hubby some of those Satsumas in the basket. There were other tangerines, too, but he likes the Satsumas.


The basket of broccoli was chock full. I'm sure they sold every bit of it! I had to have some of these tomatoes. They are huge! Lace and I at half of one with our lunch.


Lotsa fresh greens and turnips, too.


 The bell peppers were only 50 cents each! You can't even buy them at Walmart for that cheap.
I would say they are professional gardeners, and they wrote a book on gardening in north central Florida. I am buying that book from them! I couldn't quite swing it this time, but I will next time.

I love Craft Show days! We have so much fun out there even when we don't sell anything. We have another one to do next weekend!

So, you are probably wondering what I did about my picture uploading over storage capacity problem. A good friend emailed me and sent me to a blog post on this very thing. What ya do is size your pics 800x600 and it doesn't count as 'storage' because it's under the size limits :) Pretty cool, huh?!

So now I can upload pics til my heart and blog are content. I'll be back soon with some product photos or something!


8 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh how fun! I have to say I was drooling over all the fresh produce. We are going into our winter season here and stuff doesn't look near that good in the stores. Our farmers markets are done for the year. Those jellyfish your daughter made are really cute...but that owl in the background really caught my eye! I love that you can do these things year round down there! Glad you got the photo thing fixed!! Yay!

julie cavender said...

Look at all that produce! One of perks of living in Fla, I guess!


I'm sorry you didn't sell much. But I'm glad you still had a good time. Those little octopi are really cute!

That's good info on the pix. I think most of mine are in that range anyway. I'll know what to do if I ever have a problem. Thanks for sharing!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That looks like a nice craft show/farmers market. I know I'd be visiting if I lived there. Laci's stuff always looks so cute and your booth looks fab!

Could you send me the link for that photo info??

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your booth looks wonderful as always! And I love all of the fresh produce you were able to buy! What a treat! Enjoy your day! I'm off to a flying start! lol Hugs!

momto8 said...

oh yes..these kinds of crafts fairs are definitely the best...and the best produce...lucky you!!

Cheryl k said...

My comment is: "What everybody else already said." (and "Oh how I wish I could come down and see it all for myself")

Migrainista said...

Oh yum! That food looks so wonderful. I sure do miss going to the farmers market. I wish there was one close to us.

Sheryl Hastings said...

I'm sorry you spent more than you made but I would have done the same thing! I for one am a huge fan or your work and I can't wait til my kids come home so we can all use my wineglass charms!

Great info about the photos. That's probably why they haven't cut me off. I always keep my images at or below 800. Good to know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...