I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Priceless! or Refurbishing Old Decorations

Happy Monday morning!

I'm really hoping to get back into the swing of things this week! I've been a little under the weather, and such a shame because our weather has actually been quite spectacular. How could someone get sick as beautiful as it has been??? Well, I managed to do it just fine, lol. Being forced to stay home and 'rest' has been a good thing, though. I've gotten some things accomplished :D


I've been taking apart some shabby old decorations and refurbishing them. This wreath is ancient. I couldn't tell you how long I've had it. The same with the flowers, which were in an arrangement. I tore the wreath apart, tore the flowers apart, and started putting them together.


Of course I had to add in my sea elements. Some pretty shells and sponge finished this off perfectly.
Well, perfectly for me!





I spent absolutely nothing making this wreath! Nada, Zip, Zilch.... and I love it! Sometimes the best things don't have to cost a fortune. It's the love and care that go into them that make them special. Taking something old and making it new again.....Priceless......literally!

I'll see you soon with more 'priceless' decorations!

Do you like to renew your old decorations?

6 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh now you know I love repurposing anything! That is one gorgeous wreath girl! Nice job and nice touch with the shells!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's gorgeous! And I love your touches of the sea. I like to take some of my thrift finds and make them better...does that count? I hope you feel much better today! Hugs!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That turned out great - love that you added the shells. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Migrainista said...

Turned out great! Love that you reimagined it, spent no money and yet got something new :) Hope today is a better day for you. It's no fun to be sick this time of year.

Roxanne Reinhart said...

I should have known you've been feeling bad. You haven't posted like you usually do. Glad to hear you feel better. I love your wreath. What to you have attached yo it. I love that too. And of course the shells!!

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

Hi Della, I love the idea of re-using stuff. How is your new camera?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...