I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Where's Waldo?

Not THAT Waldo.....Waldo, FL!

Waldo is a little town with a pretty BIG Flea Market about an hour north of Ocala, and is one of two designated 'speed traps' in the state. No, I did NOT get a ticket! My hubby warned me before I left, so I made sure to set my cruise control just under the speed limit as soon as I entered Waldo. I've never had a ticket (knock wood) and don't plan on getting one :)

It was a beautiful day for the Country & Clogging Festival, although quite breezy. We were lucky to get a booth near the stage, and the cloggers were fabulous! They performed several times throughout the day.






A lady played guitar and sang a counrtyish acoustic version of AC/DC's 'You Shook Me All Night Long' Whoaaaaa! It was pretty good though! Would you be surprised that I DO know the lyrics? lol.

There were plenty of food vendors and concession stands, but I brought my own food and beverages for Laci and I.... like boiled eggs, carrot and celery sticks, red pepper strips, cucumber spears....you get the idea. Healthy munchies! But, oh! There were plenty of things to tempt me, but I only bought fudge for hubs....a few different kinds. But I wanted the bread and pastries one vendor had. They looked wonderful! Things you would find in a really decadent pastry shop/bakery. But I refrained from taking part in the delicious art... of divine turnovers, croissants, pies, and tarts. But it wasn't easy! I could SEE her booth from mine!

My setup was different this time. I was in an open air building, building B towards the front. The tables were long, narrow, and tall. I ditched my rafia (which Anna called 'My Junk' LOL!!!) and flipped my sheets over to hide the snaps....and had to clamp and pin them together underneath the tables because the wind kept whipping them every which way and blowing them out into the passersby, and up and over my items! Thank God I didn't use the rafia skirts!!!!


The day before the show I put together more hang tags to fit more items in this display, as I knew I would only have 2 tables.


They are now arranged according to price/and category.


Bracelets and fan pulls have been added, as I had to eliminate my bracelet board....BUT had I thought about it (cause it just occurred to me...I SHOULD have stood it over at the end by the pole to hang my hair things on!) BUT I was so disoriented by having to do everything differently, that my setup was not the best I've done. I do LOVE this display and the handstamped shell hang cards, though!


I *thought* I brought my extra zip bags, but I didn't.








I have a LOT of things in my booth that aren't listed in my shop yet, but will be soon.

Do you see anything new? :D















I didn't sell a darn thing! (sigh)


But, these were next to us, so I thought of Diane from Lavender Dreams, and also thought of all of you!


What made it totally worth it was our Dear Anna from Harvest Village was there, not far from us! And we did laugh about her calling my rafia 'my junk'. I said... MY JUNK????? Whatdya mean MY JUNK? My Rafia???? LOLOLOLOL! What she said was...."You didn't put your junk around your tables". LOL!

And the ladies with the rag dolls and quilts (Patsy & Laurie) were really nice, too. We had several hours to get acquainted. And they sold a couple of quilts, and something else....a bear, I think.

I was so happy to have Laci with me, she is always great company, even though she has gotten sick EVERY craft show EXCEPT the one when she didn't drink the frappacino. NOW WE KNOW WHY she has BARFED every time....except the ONE time she forgot to bring them. No more frappacino's!

Maybe a little TMI, but hey, it was part of our day, lol!

I'm looking for other places to go to craft shows, but will be back at Harvest Village on Feb 2nd. I have some flyers to pass out, and some errands to run today, and then it's back to listing, taking pictures, and listing.....until I get all those new items in my shop :)

Sooooooo, what did you see on my tables that is new?
Annnnnnnd, do you have any ideas to make better displays for headbands, or anything else?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for hanging out for this LOOOOOOOONG and wordy post!





8 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I am not one bit surprised that you knew the words to an AC/DC song!! I love cloggers! So fun to watch! Can't believe your will-power in not eating yummy stuff from nearby booths. I love those jeweled shells by the way! Sorry you didn't sell anything but glad you had a good time!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I am shocked that you didn't sell anything. Your booth looks fab. I'm really trying to figure out what the reason is for the low sales. Your stuff is beautiful.

Were other vendors selling a lot? I think people are very picky about what they are spending money on these days, due to the economy sucking.

Cheryl K said...

Are those clothespins in the zipper bag new?
I love your displays, even though it was so much work for no sales in return. But it was exposure.

I am reading Rick Springfield's memoir right now and he said he was in a band in Australia with that guy from AC/DC back before his earliest fame. Too funny. It's a good read if you liked Rick when you were growing up. I bet he'd have a laugh over those cloggers!

Eyelah said...

Your set up look nice. Looks like you had a good time. I learned square dancing years ago in high school but I probably can't remember anything now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It does seem like everyone is tight with their money at festivals now. Of course I would have gone NUTS over the Raggedy Ann dolls and Quilts...and then there's the seashell jewelry! I would have been looking for my mad money! I'm glad the weather was nice...sorry you didn't sell your beautiful jewelry. Hopefully things will improve in the economy soon...for all of us! Sweet hugs!

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

I am surprised you didn't sell anything, your booth looks so inviting. I didn't see clothepins before, is it new?

Sheryl Hastings said...

I think your setup looks great! Sorry you didn't sell anything. Your stuff is so nice and very well made.

Good for you for sticking to your diet. I wish I could say the same.

DebBlee said...

I don't I could have passed up those starfish headbands - love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...