I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Seashell Saturday

Hello! I'm so glad it's Seashell Saturday! Thank you for joining me!

And a big THANK YOU to everyone who has stuck with me through the last 2 weeks!

It has been a bit crazy in my world...let me tell ya. No. I better not! haha

Even though I am in the redecorating mood, I have had some time, or MADE some time, to play with my shells!

I have had this lovely combination on my bead tray for some time now.
A nice big shiny Olive Shell, stick pearls, and natural abalone beads. This will be so pretty!
I love love love copper with Olive shells! I haven't found another metal that sets them off quite the same way.

I recently saw a post on Completely Coastal about a driftwood and seaglass chime.

I have way more seashells than I do seaglass, so my take on it is this driftwood and olive shell wind chime, or wall hanging.


I love driftwood...
and SEASHELLS!

I still haven't decided where it's going yet. Hmmmm.

While I've been contemplating where to hang it, I played around some more!

I adore Spiny Oyster Shells, aka Jewel Box Shells! Especially the small ones!
And you know how I feel about PEARLS! I love these peach baroque pearls!

This was a fun little necklace to make!
I love Swarovski Crystal Elements, too...and this crystal fish is no exception!

A simple shell and sharks tooth made this cute necklace...
and everything just has to have at least one pearl!

I had to have some pink and purple, too!
Little lavender pearls just make me squeeeee!

I'm supposed to be 'taking a break' ..... HA!

I guess I'm just not one to be too idle.
You know what they say about Idle Hands....ooohhhhh.

And we all know I can't just stop making jewelry. I just don't have that kind of will power! I can turn down food, but give me a shell and some bling...and I'm hopeless!

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Love,
Del

7 comments:

ReadyOrNot said...

Just beautiful! What kind of drill do you use to make holes in the shells without breaking them?

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Love the wall hanging/wind chime. I'm gonna have to make one of those. Very cool idea. I can see you are getting your creative juices flowing again!

Athena's Armoury said...

Oh, wow, Del! You've certainly been busy. Lots of seashell gorgeousness going on there. I really love the windchime idea, too. I may have to make one for my lanai...

Completely Coastal said...

Thanks for the mention, Della!! Love what you did with that idea! Now seeing how super, super easy it can be..., I might use one of my driftwood sticks and make one too, haha..., just hanging a few shells. The bottle necklace is also so adorable!!

Enjoy Labor Day Weekend! I'm still in summer mode....

Rachel said...

I love those earrings! What amazing creations. Hope the decorating is going well :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Kaybe said...

That little bottle is the cutest necklace ever. I need to get my creative flow going again.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have to admit to having this post open on my computer since yesterday! I LOVE the driftwood with seashells. I've always wanted to make one of those for my Florida room. Just so perfect with favorite shells to remind us of the ocean. And your jewelry? What can I say? I love the cute one with the fish...that will show up so pretty when you're wearing a tshirt...and then the tiny bottle is precious! But of course those jewel box shell earrings and that last pendant are my favorites! You WOULD have to use a lavender pearl in that one! You make the most unique and exquisite jewelry, Della! What can I say....WOW!!! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...