I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Seashore Sunday

Hello! It's Seashore Sunday!
Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week. I'm *almost* guaranteed to have a day with hubby.
Sunday reminds me of Sunday morning breakfast, and big Sunday dinners with the family.

....and taking my kids to the beach when they were little.
A few years ago I clipped a cartoon from the Sunday comics. It's in a frame, and hangs on my bedroom wall. It reminded me of when the kids were little, at the beach.
click the pic to see the whole scene up close

How many times have you had to wave your kids to come back to "the spot" after the waves and current have sent them several feet down the shore unbeknownst to them?! Or did your kids think you "moved"?
Mine did...and I got a chuckle from this that one Sunday when this came out in the paper! I had to clip it...and frame it. This was published August 7th 2005...but I feel like I've had it forever.
This little cartoon evokes some very fond memories for me!

Happy Seashore Sunday!

Love,
Del

7 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Thanks for making me laugh first thing this morning! I remember that cartoon strip. My favorite was "Peanuts" with Snoopy and Charlie Brown, but "The Family Circus" would have run a close second.

Linda M. said...

Hi Della, It's nice to meet you. I'm visiting from the Shabby Girls Club. Congratulations on being featured. I love sea shells and I'm going to check out your site a bit more before I leave. I'm enjoying your poetry. My very first post was a poem that I wrote about the beach. If you have time below is the link. Your cartoon made me smile, I remember going to the beach with the kids and that happening. I'm a new follower. Linda http://lmarandomcreativity.blogspot.com/2009/08/beach-dreaming-strolling-along-shore.html

C said...

Great memories. I enjoy reading your blog. I also love your shell jewelry.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Cynthia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute cartoon! Enjoy your wonderful Sunday! I'm goofing off today! ♥

Sheryl Hastings said...

That's a cute cartoon. I haven't seen Family Circus in a long time. Sunday's are great but Sunday night's are sad because I know I'm just winding down and preparing myself for the week ahead.

Completely Coastal said...

I love Sunday's too. They feel quieter than weekdays..., even though there are usually more people on the beach. Hmmmm. Does that make sense. I guess it's the slower more relaxed pace.

Athena's Armoury said...

That's cute! I grew up on Long Island in NY and going to Jones Beach or TOBAY was very different from going to the beach here on the Gulf of Mexico. The current really did move us and we were constantly keeping up with staying in one spot. Loved the waves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...