I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Stuff Laci Made For Her Momma

Happy Friday Everyone! I'm so glad you stopped by today!

My post today has NOTHING to do with shells...SURPRISE!

At the beginning of the week I said I'd show you something Laci made for me, and today I finally remembered to do that.
Laci is very crafty, and is always making something for someone....and I am usually one of the someone's! She has made me so many thoughtful, and useful things....like a little pillow for my elbows to rest on...they get cranky sometimes.
 She has crocheted covers for my Swiffer, and made a scarf in tropical colors for me, too.
 She always has a crochet hook in her hand and a skein of yarn by her side...and several in her craft bag when she comes to visit. Yesterday she made a hat for herself, Shae, and me! They are darling...with a flower on the side! It's the only hat I've ever looked good in!
One of the very cool and useful things she made me are tropical clips with magnets on them. I can clip coupons, or a menu, and anything else (paper) to the fridge.
 And they also make great chip clips!

You cannot leave a chip bag open for any amount of time in the south. The chips (and crackers) absorb the moisture right out of the air. YUK! They go stale fast if not closed up securely. These cute clips, made with clothes pins, are a fun way to prevent that!
Aren't they adorable?!
To see more of Laci's oh so cool crocheted things you can visit her blog!

I have something really cute, and cool that I made with Jingle shells to show you all next week, as well as other jewelry I've been working on!

Have a beachy weekend!
Del

6 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I wish I had the patience and the talent to do stuff like that. My mom crochets and knits beautifully, but I didn't inherit her talent at all. Sob.... Going over to Laci's blog.

Liz said...

Aw that stuff is so adorable! I love everything, especially the hat and the clips! I am off to check out her blog now!

Also - if you get a chance, I have a giveaway going on my blog, come check it out!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

How cute-she is very talented.

The Beaded Pillow said...

If Laci ever wants to spend a bit of time in MN this winter (ha, ha) tell her she's welcome here and to bring her yarn! Cute stuff. You're so blessed to have her.

Sheryl Hastings said...

She sure does make some beautiful things. I love them all. Especially the hat!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, this is all so adorable and I love that hat!!! Laci is very talented and will surely be busy selling everything for Christmas!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and sending (((hugs))) your way,
Cindy
Oh, if you get a chance, I hope you'll visit my blog at:
http://cindyadkinswhimsicalmusings.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...