I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Up Close and Personal

I've always been a real nature buff, have always loved animals, and I don't think I ever missed an episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

I was going through some photos and found some we took on hubby's video camera a couple of years ago.

Some of Florida's Wild Kingdom!

I didn't do anything to these pics, and they are in the sequence they were taken.

These were taken on the Gulf Coast at Belleair Beach, and the Silver River just outside of Ocala.

I love my state!!!!!
We have our very own Wild Kingdom right here!

10 comments:

The Beaded Pillow said...

Fantastic pictures!! I really must let you take me out and about the next time I'm in FL so I can see more than an egret. LOL

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great pictures. I always love seeing the dolphins. I want to swim with one SO badly. Flipper was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I think I wanted to move to Florida because of that show!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh you are so making me long for the coast! I love these pics! Used to watch Wild Kingdom all of the time!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always loved Wild Kingdom, too and we still watch Jack Hanna on PBS sometimes. These are some amazing photos...and I love living here in FL, too! I just mentioned you on my blog! I finally made a shell candle coaster! Hugs!

Migrainista said...

Wild kingdom indeed - great pictures!

I'm a big animal lover too :)

Kaybe said...

Love them. I missed a great shot of a manatee the other night. I was so shocked that he was so close I forgot my camera was in my hand.

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

You definitely do have a wild kingdom there! Beautiful photos, and it is grate that you didn't do anything to the photos, they are alive this way. Thanks for a wild life walk! :)

Sheryl Hastings said...

These are great! I just love animal pics. That's why I carry my camera everywhere I go. I'd hate to miss a good shot of anything!

Eyelah said...

I've never had a desire to go to FL but all of your pictures and descriptions sort of make me want to take a trip.

Unknown said...

Wow! The hair clips are really pretty, especially the cluster with the pearls! I LOVE the mesh bit in the necklaces. They are stunning! The wildlife photos are beautiful and look like home to me. Have you ever been to a Beall's? I used to work at one and they have a lot of sea shell items...Even jewelry. Well, I have never seen any as gorgeous as yours. You really have a gift for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...