I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Seashell Saturday

Hello and Welcome to Seashell Saturday!

I see some new ocean and beach lovers have joined us, and I'm so glad to have you with us!

I have had a busy week just full of Etsy, Etsy, Etsy!

I thought for starters, I'd show you something I found on Etsy, and I HAD to have it!




Isn't this vintage seashell box just amazing? I fell in love with it the moment I saw it!

I found it quite by chance, too.

It was in a treasury that I was featured in. I bought it immediately!

I have been very fortunate to have my seashell jewelry selected for a few treasuries this month. I thought I would share just a couple of them with you.





It really makes my day when someone includes my jewelry in their treasury :D

I've made some new necklaces this week, too! Something a little different.


A stack of Jingle Shells and some rough cut teeth style blister pearls lead to this Tribal style necklace.


This has such a wild, exotic feel to it. I just love the Jingles!

I recently purchased some End of Day English seaglass. So far, I have used one precious piece.


I love that it's my favorite color, too. Love the purple! I used one of my malformed seashells for this one.

A very simple little necklace, but rare and unique. I can't wait to use more of the seaglass!

I haven't found any seaglass since I've been in Florida. I used to find it all the time on the west coast. Have you found seaglass in Florida? Is it possible? WHERE is it?

On a more serious note....

Several blogs are participating in raising money for donations for a little boy named Charlie who has brain tumors. If you pop over to the participating blogs, a donation of $1 per comment will be given!

Isn't that a wonderful way to raise funds for this sick child?! The goal is 5000 comments! Just a few minutes of your time can help Charlie.

Visit Sherry at Country Wings in Phoenix to start your comment blog hop. She has the participating blogs linked up to visit.

We can make a difference!

Have a wonderful Seashell Saturday!

Love,
Del

10 comments:

Cheryl K said...

Wow! That seashell box is huge! Love it!
I have a piece of end of day glass in a pendant. It's so cool, isn't it? Sorry you can't find any beach glass yourself.
Thanks for a great post.

Kaybe said...

We are finding seaglass in Englewood. Some is authentic & old - the rest is Heineken & Michelob glass. Love love the vintage shell clutch. Do you know what kind of shell that is?

Completely Coastal said...

Your new Jingle Shells necklaces are gorgeous -very elegant!
And, oh, that box, completely adorable. I would love to see how that was made. So delicate. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Della said...

Thank you ladies!

I may have to come down to Englewood Kaybe! Do you know what kind of shell that box is made from? I'm thinking maybe something they have over in the Philippines??? I saw another shell box made in the Philippines, but with a different kind of shell, but it was the same type of construction. I'd love to know what kind of shell it is!

julie cavender said...

I love the black and white jingle necklace. I can see that with a strapless evening gown. Not that I wear that kind of stuff but I can totally see it. Have a good weekend!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Congrats on being featured! I like that shell box because it's so different. It looks huge too. You've been a busy lady this week and made some great pieces. Email me if you want brown, white or green sea glass. I have lots that I,ve found and i'd be happy to send it to you for free. Let me know. I'd love for you to use it.

Melissah said...

I love that necklace with the black pearls - they look like the black pearls I saw in Tahiti.
x
Melissah
Coastal Style

Gypsea Nurse said...

Della.. as soon as I move down there.. we are going to the shop on essential beach combers blog! I want that mermaid!
Smiles~
Cricket

Eyelah said...

I really like the seashell box. Thats so cute!

Unknown said...

I know it isn't FLorida...but if you get a chance to do an island vacation, choose Barbados. It's lovely...and there (at least my last trip there was)is quite a bit of lovely sea glass. I guess drinking off boats one just tosses it over. Have fun...your projects have inspired me! (I brought home some beach treasures from Hawaii and want to do something lovely to wear my memories!) THANKS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...