I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Special Day

My good friend, and blog buddy Diane, from Lavender Dreams, made a commitment 1 year ago today to make a lifestyle change. She did it! And has been going strong for a year!

KUDOS to Diane for her willpower and dedication! You are an inspiration! Today is a very special day for her!

Unbeknownst  to me at the time, I too made a lifestyle change nearly a year ago, due to health reasons. I lost a total of 70+ pounds, and look like a different person. I actually had to gain a little back to keep my pants on :D

Diane is a sweetheart, and through our 'conversations' found out when my birthday is. Yesterday, I received in the mail from her, this beautiful little handbag she made!



Her stitches are perfect, and isn't that button for a center detail on the flower just divine! I love it!



Look! She included her card!


My pictures really don't do this pretty bag justice!


Thank you for this special gift for OUR special day Diane! You are a wonderful friend, and I think I'll keep ya!

August 4th is Diane's 1 year health-o-versary, and my 46th birthday!

My daughter is here to spend the day with me! She wants to take me shopping :D

Until next time....

Love,
Del

15 comments:

Creatively Missy said...

Happy Birthday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday best girlfriend! OOoohhh...shopping! Sounds like fun! I wonder where you'll go...wish I was there! And you need to go back in your post and make some of your print LARGER....I know you didn't mean to make it teeny tiny like that! You have so much to celebrate today...with pats on the back, big hugs and some fun shopping! I forgot to tell you that the button is from a small supply of vintage buttons that were my Grandmother's. It makes the bag even more special...and perfect for YOU! Have a WONDERFUL day! Eat some CAKE so your clothes with fit better! ♥♥♥ Birthday HUGS coming your way!!! ♥♥♥

Cindy Adkins said...

I came over from Diane's blog--Happy Birthday, Del!! I hope you have fun with your daughter and have a fabulous day!!!

I love the purse--that was so sweet and what a wonderful surprise from Diane--she is a wonderful person, truly.

Your jewelry is gorgeous!!!
XO
Cindy

Athena's Armoury said...

Happy birthday, Del! Enjoy your day with your daughter! That little purse is really adorable. Congratulations to your buddy, too!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday,I came from Diane's blog.Wishing you a day full of surprises and happiness.

I love that purse so adorable.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Del,
I'm back again!!! I have a regular blog and also a magazine blog...I'd love to feature your Etsy store this week in the magazine...Just let me know if you would like to be a guest artist. You're welcome to grab the guest feature button off of my blog too!

There's nothing you need to do...I'll just post pics of your items and send people over to your blog! Just let me know if you'd like to be featured~Happy Birthday!
XO
Cindy

RottenMom said...

Happy Birthday you young thing!

Beautiful purse, how nice! Have a wonderful day!

Completely Coastal said...

Happy birthday Del!!! Sounds like you're celebrating the right way, hihi. Enjoy!!!

Shelllady said...

Happy Birthday....truly is a special day...for you both!!Beautiful work!! I hope you have a great day!!

Eyelah said...

congratulations. It's always good when you make a commitment to do something and keep it! Also congratulations to you with your weight loss. A healthy life is a long life!

iLoveShelling said...

What a beautiful gift! Girlfriends equal love. Happy birthday- time to shellebrate!

Kaybe said...

Happy happy Birthday! That fabric is so pretty. Hope you have a great day.

Take good care,

Karen

Almost Precious said...

Hope your special day was especially wonderful. I applaud your lifestyle change, that was quite an accomplishment. Making a commitment and sticking to it is no easy task, my heartfelt congratulations to both you and Diane. :)

Theresa said...

Hope you had a very special birthday and the bag is lovely!

chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com
www.notecardsandphotosbytheresa.com

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I just got back from a trip and I see I missed your birthday - so sorry. SO let me wish you a HUGE happy birthday now my new blogger friend! That purse is gorgeous. I love the fabric. I hope you had a wonderful day! HUGS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...