I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Seashell Photo Frames for Beachy Home Decor

I'm feeling somewhat better, and I think I'll make it to the beach this weekend! WooHoo! I can't wait to get there. We are leaving Friday morning, and we'll head home Sunday evening. We want to spend as much time there as we can, it's been a while since we've been.

I love the look of seashell photo frames! I tend to prefer the more simple styles. Like something you would see in a beach cottage.





I picked up some plain wood frames at the craft store. I have various colors of non toxic acrylic paints on hand. For the cockle shell frame I chose a tan shade, dry brushed the grain with white, and roughed the edges a bit with sandpaper. I glued on the cockle shells, and sprayed the whole thing with a matte sealer.

For the other shell frame, I painted it white, and glued the shells on, then sprayed it with a matte sealer also. I can't remember what kind of bivalves those are! I just really loved how they were so stark white, with such dark brown markings, and they look as if they were intricately carved.

The photo's in the frames were taken by me! The top photo I took at Daytona, and the bottom photo of the pelicans and gulls, I snapped it at Flagler.

I better start packing! I like to get an early start on things, and seeing our luggage out will prepare my poor dog that I am going away.

Del

2 comments:

Completely Coastal said...

They'd be perfect for a cottage -love the frames!!

Shellbelle said...

Hi Del, your frames are lovely and your photos are divine.

The shells on the first frame are comb bittersweets, I just love them, but then I don't think I've ever met a shell I didn't love, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...