I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Watching the Storm

I know most of Florida is watching Hurricane Irene closely, myself included.

As of today this is what she looks like, and her potential path.


If this is the trek she stays on, we can expect lots of rain, and maybe some damage within the state.

Now if she veers more inland, or gains strength between Puerto Rico and Key West...we can expect quite a bit worse.

I'm going through my hurricane checklist!
  • generator
  • flashlights
  • batteries
  • water
  • canned food
  • bread
  • other non perishables
  • propane
  • prescriptions
  • dog food
  • cat food
  • fuel up all vehicles, and fuel for generator
  • double check list, add what I forgot
  • clear the yard of potential flying objects (statuary, garbage cans, etc...)
  • pray
I don't like hurricanes, and my dog doesn't like any kind of storm. He shakes at the sound of thunder or wind, and comes running to his momma.

If the path does change (although we have been so lucky so far this year) I will need new plywood. We haven't had a storm for so long, that hubby used it for a project. I may be sending him to Lowes on Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

We will hope for the best, and we could get lucky again, and this storm could just veer off into the Atlantic, and we could get nothing from it.

I will be staying tuned to my local weather for the next few days!

Stay Safe!

Del

3 comments:

Eyelah said...

I hope you stay super safe!!Storms are scary.

Shelllady said...

We're watching up here too...(just above the Carolinas) praying that Irene will veer off into the Atlantic, and just provide some much needed rain to us all! We're hanging in there with you Della!! Prayers headed your way!!

::Hugs::

My Life Under the Bus said...

We are waiting for this on Sunday UGH! Stay safe!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...