I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

One Word

When Kim from Snug Harbor Bay posted about "one word", it really got me to thinking. I don't make New Year's resolutions. I gave it up long ago. I figure why bother making resolutions I won't stick to for more than a month....and then end up failing something I started. Nope, that's not for me!

But, I think I can handle ONE word.
But.....WHICH word?

Several came to mind. The one that stands out the most to me right now is CHERISH.

To CHERISH every second, every moment of every hour of every day of living, and life, and the people in my life. I take things for granted way too often. I want to live in the NOW, and appreciate all of the wonderful peeps in my life, and the beauty that surrounds me.

Sometimes life is a real bitch, but there is always something positive about each day. I choose to cherish that one positive thing, or people, who makes me smile, laugh, think, plan, love, and DO each day.

Apparently I live under a rock, or a seashell, LOL, cause I hadn't heard of the "one word" thing either!

The month isn't over, so you too can choose One Word for 2012!

Have you heard of One Word before?

Cherish the day!

Del


9 comments:

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

I think cherish is an absolutely perfect word for the year! I may have to steal it :)

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I love your word and the reasons behind it. Kinda fun concept huh?

BeautifulDees said...

Cherish is a great word....like I cherish our friendship. I really appreciate your comment's and support.
Love ya,Debbie:)

Sheryl Hastings said...

This is new to me as well. I like the idea and your choice for your word. We should cherish every moment, person, experience, etc.

Great post!

Simple Home said...

Cherish is an excellent word to choose :)
Blessings,
Marcia

The Beaded Pillow said...

Good morning Della. Cherish is a perfect word to keep in mind this year and always. The word that kept popping into my head was Kindness. May we both keep "our words" in mind each day!

Just wondering....are you on Twitter? I'd love to follow you there. Let me know!

Daniella said...

I have heard of a "positive" journal. Where you write ONE or more positive things down each day. The lady I heard it from said one day, there was nothing she could think of. So she wrote "I'm not constipated". Point is, there has to be one thing a day, and your word of the year is awesome!!

Each year, I don't make an actual resoloution. I say I will TRY to be positive every day. It isn't easy, and you know why. And I fall of the wagon, so to speak, all the time!! Today is the 13th, and I think I had 6 days where I was positive all day!!

I have to work harder on this!! And your post reminded me that I have to think, put things in perspective, keep my positive outlook, every day!!!

sorry for writing a novel to you!! And thanks for you awesome post to me!!
You are fabulous!!
xxDaniella

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a good word for you, sweet friend. I always choose a word but I've waited this year...still thinking! I have a shell ID question on my post this morning! I hope you can stop by soon! Hugs! ♥

Gypsea Nurse said...

Del~ I have missed you!!
I am going to do this on Tattered's site...
So glad to be back in blog world!
xoxox
Cricket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...