I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Go Fish!

It was a beautiful day on Sunday! A perfect day for being on the beach, or the lake.

As far as I know, I'd never been to Lake Kerr before. Maybe as a child, but things change so much, who knows.
So what do you think is the first thing I notice???


Shells of course!
Florida has been completely underwater several times, so of course you can find shells in the lake.


And where there are little fish, certainly there are big fish, too!

See where it looks kind of like lumpy mud over by the waters edge?
No, it's not a gator! But it is where one has been going in and out of the lake. They do bury themselves in the mud when it's hot though. We didn't see any gators at all. They must have been chillin' out on the bottom of the lake. An alligator can hold it's breath much longer than we can.

The captain of our boat, my hubby :) I'm happy with being the first mate!


 This was my view for most of the day...an unbobbed bobber. I did have a few nibbles on my other pole, the one without a bobber. In Florida you can have as many fishing poles/lines in the water as you want. I can only manage/watch two!


These lily pads had the cutest little flowers on them.


These pics are all on the same lake, on the same day!

We didn't catch any fish, but we did catch some beautiful rays from the sun. We also towed an airboat back to the dock. I wanted to take their picture, but was too shy to ask. At the time, there wasn't another boat on the lake big enough to tow an airboat....just a few jet skis. I think that is why we were out there in the first place. It wasn't where we had planned to go. The people we rescued weren't planning on being out long, they were testing some repairs on their boat, and a belt on the engine broke. They didn't even have a bottle of water with them. It's a good thing we came along when we did. As it turned out, we were the only boat out there Sunday that ventured over to that side of the lake. We were just meant to be there.
It was a beautiful day on the lake!

4 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Del that is just beautiful! I'm not sure I could shake the feeling of Alligators at the bottom of the lake though!!!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I can't believe people are jet skiing in a lake with alligators. Wow. How very nice of you to rescue those boaters. It's not a good feeling to be stranded on the lake.

Daniella said...

Sounds like a beautiful day at sea!!
You are right, you were meant to be there. Who knows what would have happened to those people if you weren't there!!!
Thank you for the picture tour!!
xxDaniella

Cheryl K said...

I'm with Danni. As soon as I thought about the alligators, the idea of being on the lake took a turn...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...