I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Goofing Off

Okay, so I really should be working on my barrette display., and double checking my list, right?
yes I should!  But I really just want a few minutes to chill, and say hi to you all....and show ya some things.

Like...Danni asked to see one of my shell barrettes in my hair...and I'm pretty sure Kim asked me a long time ago. Last Friday or Saturday when hubby was getting the boat ready, I was outside trying (failing) to take a pic of the back of my head. He came over and took it for me :)


I'll try to get a pic each time I wear one of them, or do a different style with my shell barrettes. I'll see if we can get one of the full length, too. It's getting pretty long!

While outside, I noticed some plants blooming.

This is a type of Ginger Lily, called a Pinecone Lily. It's also called a shampoo lily, or shampoo plant. This is where awapuhi comes from! You know, that amazing smelling Paul Mitchel shampoo. I haven't bought it for years, but I used to.


This is what they look like when they first start to bloom, before they turn red.

Such a pretty little flower!

One day last week, it must have been Saturday morning...maybe? Hubby had me come out and see the mushrooms growing in the front flower bed by the pond.


When Shae changed her room, her gargoyles went in the flower bed. I think they look cool here...


especially with those mushrooms making it look all medieval forest-y.

We've had some good rains this year, and my poinsettia is about as high as an elephants eye!


Maybe THIS year will be the year I get my family picture in front of it in full bloom. (I say this every year!) Fingers crossed for NO FREEZES before then. It still has a couple of months to grow, too!

Okay, it's back to work! The more I do BEFORE Friday, the less I have to do ON Friday to be ready Saturday!

It's nice to take a breather once in a while :D

6 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Hey! Thanks for remembering my request! It looks gorgeous and mermaid-y! Is that a word?? Anyway, I love the pic with the gargoyles and mushrooms...it looks so cool and halloweenish! (I know that's not a word!) I have never seen a poinsettia that tall. I've never seen one that wasn't in a pot! Please post a pic of it in bloom!

julie cavender said...

Wow, that poinsettia is amazing. We can only have them as indoor plants at Christmas. Please show us what it looks like in bloom. The mushrooms are cool!

Sounds like you will be busy this weekend. Good luck with you show!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

LOL-Danni said exactly everything I was going to say! Is the barrette heavy? That is really pretty.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your hair is so long and beautiful! The seashell is just perfect for your style! And look at your big poinsettia! I had never seen them growing in flower beds before when I moved here...and I am still amazed at how big they get! Enjoy your day!

Cheryl K said...

Del, you've got to figure out how to create smell-o-vision, so we can smell what you mean when you write about shampoo plants. I wanna see/smell one of those in real life someday!

And I like the Halloween-ey gargoyle & mushroom photo too.

Migrainista said...

I'll cross my fingers too :) Love the shell in your hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...