I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Seashells from Mexico!


You know I admire shells from near, and FAR. When mom and dad went to Mexico, mom went shelling, and brought me some neat shells!


Some of these shells I've never seen before!


They are all really pretty, even the tossed and tumbled one's.


These little purple shells in the front are such a gorgeous shade of purple! I made mom a pair of earrings with a couple of them :)


The cone shells are different than ours....darker, and with smaller dots and lines.


I have found small whole Murex here, but none as beautiful as these pieces that mom found.
Lovely shades of pinks!


The 'sand' on the beach was more like tiny pebbles, coral, and shell all tumbled and smooth. Not actually sand at all.


I'm really wanting to leave those bits and pieces in the shells.


Such a cute, CUTE cone shell!


So many possibilities in this pile of shells!


I really love those lil purple one's!


And how cute is this little turkey wing????!!!!


I've had these in a square glass vase to admire their beauty......

What would you do with these shells?

I'd like to welcome some new followers! Thanks for joining us Beverly, Anne, and Deb!


6 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I was just thinkin as I was looking through these that I would put them in a jar and admire them! Once again, you are teaching me the names of shells! I do love the little purple ones too!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

It's interesting how shells from other parts of the globe can look so different. I can't wait to see what you're going to make with all of them.

Kaybe said...

Drooling! I love seeing shells from all over the globe too. The diversity is amazing. Shells were way better than a stinkin t-shirt too! xo

Cheryl K said...

Soooo pretty! Yeah, those purple ones are to die for! Boy that lot makes New England shells look boooorrrrinnngg! I definitely need to check out some tropical beaches. Love that turkey wing, too!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! I would probably put them on a tray to enjoy for awhile. But I know you'll figure something creative to do with them. Sweet hugs!

Eyelah said...

The purple ones are really cute. You can use them on a bracelet or make earrings. Can't wait to see what you make out of your shells.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...