I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seashell Charm Bracelet with Freshwater Pearls

I have been so busy, and have wanted to show off my new charm bracelet, but as usual, I get into doing too many things! I have a touch of spring fever, and it has been drawing me outdoors, and into my flower beds, and garden. I like to get into everything! Dad always said I had "too many arns in the far" which means "too many irons in the fire". Dad had a deep southern accent, and a lot of southern sayings went along with it. Dad wasn't around to see me make shell jewelry, but I would like to think he would have loved it. He would have told me he did, even if he thought it was a waste of my time.
So, as I continue to waste my time, here is another seashell creation of mine :D
A Seashell Charm Bracelet with Peachy Coral Rose Freshwater Pearls.
As many hours as I have spent studying photography and lighting, I don't know if I will ever take the perfect jewelry photo! I will keep trying! It is true what they say about jewelry being difficult to photograph, I just have to learn all of the secrets.

I love the way this bracelet sounds! I can't even describe it. It sounds as lovely as it looks ;) This charm bracelet fits a small to average size wrist, about 6 to 6.5 inches, and is 7 3/4 inches long including the toggle. You can read the full elaborate description in my Etsy shop!

I had to order some new pearls for my wood and shell bracelet I was working on. Something was missing, and I stumbled across the perfect pearls for it. I've been on a bead buying extravaganza lately. I've bought several strands of pearls, some abalone Paua shell beads, and some gorgeous bamboo coral. I have plenty to work with, I just have to make the time! While I'm waiting for that  strand of pearls to arrive, I've been making some new awareness bracelets, because I also bought other new beads, and new lamp work beads.

My doors and windows are wide open, and I'm enjoying a wonderful, warm, spring day, with a nice breeze blowing through my home. The water trickling down the rock into the pond sounds so nice and peaceful. It's a beautiful day!

Del

8 comments:

OnePerfectDay said...

It's a beautiful bracelet!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is gorgeous, Della! I LOVE it! I have a few pieces of your jewelry marked in my wish list! I'll add this one! It is a work of art, my friend! Enjoy this gorgeous weather! ♥

Della said...

I really enjoyed making this bracelet! I usually don't like making charm bracelets, but this one has shells, and pearls, so I loved the design and the creation process. Thanks for your lovely comments, and Diane, you always make my day brighter!

Kerri Farley said...

It is a LOVELY bracelet!

To show it off a bit better you might want to photograph it on something dark. I think the "lightness" of the bracelet might show up a bit better.

And thank you so very much for taking the time to tell me what you were able to "see" in my last post. I really appreciate that!!

Della said...

Thanks Kerri, I will try that. I love your photography! You take the most amazing pics! My goal is to photograph jewelry the way you photograph wildlife ;) You are an inspiration to me!

My Life Under the Bus said...

So so pretty!!! Oh I wish I could open my doors - it's wet soggy and damp - spring still hasn't come : (

the BIG WISH of CHIMÈNE said...

this is really a beautiful bracelet

Unknown said...

I really love it !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...