I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Seashell Saturday

Good day ladies! Happy Saturday!

I am so glad the weekend is here. I don't have any plans, I just enjoy knowing it's the weekend!

I saw your comment on my last post, Shellbelle, before blogger lost it. That was certainly bloggers day of doom wasn't it?! The day everyone's post went missing may not go down in history, but I am sure WE won't be forgetting it for some time to come!

Anyway, let's get on with the theme for the day!

Since I've been working on my photos in the shop all week, I thought I would show some things I've made and haven't had listed for one reason, or another, and something I made for my bedroom.
I love this Scotch Bonnet! These are such neat shells!
I'm not totally 100% satisfied with the chain. When I find one I love, I'll list this!
This Buttercup is a sweet shell, especially with the mother of pearl seahorse dangling in it!
Swarovski crystal flat backs in Caribbean Blue Opal accent the shell. I'm not thrilled with this chain either. I told you I'm getting picky!
 
My daughter, Kandi, sent this potpourri shell mix. I added some of my own shells, put them in this cool jar, and added a shell lei from my sisters wedding to the top.
This is in my bedroom on my dresser. This was a super simple project, and I love how it turned out!

I could sit and play with shells all day! Right now I'm between projects. I simply don't know which shell I want to play with next. I'm sure something will come to me before the day is out... I'm hoping it is in the form of jewelry!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Del

13 comments:

julie cavender said...

I love that Scotch Bonnet necklace. It's so delicate. Is it hard to drill the shells?

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

These are so pretty! I think the chains look great. :)

xo,
melissa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your new jewelry designs are beautiful! And I love the potpourri jar! I think I'll make one! (I always get so many ideas and then don't have time to do them! heehee!) Happy weekend! ♥

Della said...

Thanks, ladies!

Some shells are harder to drill than others. On a thick shell, sometimes soaking it in water helps to keep them from crumbling. Shells get hot when drilled! I've burned myself on them a few times. Soaking helps this, too. The Scotch Bonnet is a thin shell, and difficult to drill in it's own way. These can chip and crack. My favorite shells to drill are scallops, and cockles. The most difficult is the thick Lucina, especially big ones!

Enjoy your weekend! :D

Leo said...

Very very pretty. I love it. I didn't realize everyone on blogger lost their posts....mine was back in a draft. I did not know what happened. Hope your having a wonderful day!!!

Completely Coastal said...

I love the idea of hanging one beautiful shell to a pretty chain..., something I should be able to do.
I guess my two missing posts will not be restored by blogger after all. Oh, well, glitches happen, right.
Have a wonderful weekend... with lots of shell inspirations!

Tootie said...

I let out a gasp when I saw your Scotch Bonnet. I am way too stingy with mine to put them on a necklace. LOL I haven't found that many and still have them in a place of honor. :) Your necklace is very beautiful.

Shellbelle said...

I love scotch bonnets, both the shell and the pepper. I cook with them a lot — the pepper that is, not the seashell!

Your potpourri jar is beautiful, it looks lovely on display.

So, that storm today was something! I heard the wind on the beaches was 70mph, which means tomorrow should be a great shelling day! I sprained my ankle on Friday, so I have to sit this one out :(

Della said...

Hey Tootie, I have another one I will probably keep for myself...depends on if I find anymore!

Shellbelle, it was storming like crazy here,too! I'm so sorry you hurt your ankle and can't shell! I'm having some carpal tunnel issues, so I'll have to be careful "how" I pick up shells, or anything else for that matter! Fortunately, it's my left hand, and I'm right handed, so I'm hoping I can still handle my tools! I'm "haha'ing" over the scotch bonnet cooking remark!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I love learning all the names of these shells that Scotch Bonnet is adorable!

Have a Lovely Sunday Del!!!

Alessandra @ Tribal Times said...

These are really lovely! My grandmother collected shells from around the world and I have them displayed in apothecary jars in my bathroom. They are quite serene!

.. said...

I love the scotch bonnet necklace and all the shell jewelry displayed on the right column. Lovely!

Emily@VitaNostra said...

Beautiful work! These all make me feel peaceful, if that makes sense :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...