I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award


I am such a bad blogger! Why? Well, on April 20th, Liz from Miss Merryweather's Creations awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Obviously I forgot to blog about it!

I've been meaning to do it, but have been so busy, and I do get sidetracked rather easily. Thank you for this award, Liz! I'm honored that you would choose me for this!

In accepting this award, I'm supposed to list 7 things about myself you all may not know. Okay, here goes...

7 Things About Me
  1.  I'm the oldest child in my family
  2. I'm part Native American
  3. I have brown eyes
  4. I married my hubby when I was 15 and he was 16......30 years ago next month!
  5. My favorite color is purple
  6. I became a grandma at 33
  7. I've lived in 8 states, and I've seen all but 10 of these United States
The rules state that you must thank the person who gave you this award, and link to their blog.
List 7 things about yourself.
Give this award to 15 bloggers.

Some of the blogs I would give this to don't accept blog awards, but I want them to know that if they did...they would get this from me...I'm giving them an Honorable Mention.

Okay, my 15 award recipients are:
  1. Patty from My Life Under the Bus
  2. Korrina from Kael Mijoy
  3. Debbie from Love Of The Sea
  4. Migrainista
  5. Jessica from Painfully Speaking
  6. Cricket from Gypsea Nurse
  7. Kelly from Orangie's Attic
  8. Karen from QueenNmyOwnMind
  9. Shannon from Giggly Mama
  10. Julie from Willow Tree Pottery
  11. Kandi from Krafty Kandi Krafts
  12. Diane from Lavender Dreams *Honorable Mention
  13. Maya from Completely Coastal *Honorable Mention
  14. Rhonda from Shellbelle's Tiki Hut *Honorable Mention
  15. Pam from i Love Shelling I don't know if Pam accepts awards or not. If not, then she gets an *Honorable Mention*
I had to include Pam! The other day she blogged about sea turtles instead of shells and the beach, and that makes her a Versatile Blogger in my book ;)

Thanks again Liz, and I'm so sorry it took me so long to accept your award!

It's almost the weekend!!!


Love,
Del

15 comments:

julie cavender said...

Thanks for including me. I'll try to figure out how to do the "passing it on" thing later. Having a headache right now!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Thank You Del! I will pass this along as well! Have a great thursday - your a sweetheart : )

Shellbelle said...

I must say that handing out Honorable Mentions to those of us who don't accept awards is ingenious! Great idea!!!!

It was fun to learn more about you. I became a grandmother at thirty-nine and was so happy to be young enough to keep up with her, lol. She still keeps me on my toes, but at twenty, I don't have to take her to the playground any more.

Congrats to you for a well-deserved award!!!

Hugs

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks so much for remembering me this morning! And congrats on having a wonderful blog...one I like to check every day! It's fun learning more about you! I got married when I was 16 and by the time I was 24 I had four sons! I still wonder how I survived! We were just kids getting married so young, weren't we? Enjoy your day! I'm going to venture out today and take a break from sewing! lol HUGS! ♥♥♥

Migrainista said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for honoring me with this award. And congrats to you on receiving it. I have really enjoyed your blog.

Even more, congrats on your upcoming 30th anniversary! Very cool!

Orangies Attic said...

Thanks SO much! And now I'm your newest follower... :)

Orangies Attic

Giggly said...

Thank you, Della! I'm honored! Congrats on receiving this award! You know I love your blog. :D

Jessica said...

Thanks again, Della!
XoXoXo

Leo said...

Thank you Della - this is so sweet of you to recognize me. I so appreciate it - and wow - that is amazing you were married so young and good for you - you are still together. That is awesome!!!

Della said...

Thank you for all of your extra sweet comments! You're the best! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Completely Coastal said...

Thanks so much, Della for including Completely Coastal!!!! And I learned some interesting things about you! A grandma at 33. That could be a record??!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Julia said...

You are truly inspirational!Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. Love getting to know my bloggy friends better.

Gypsea Nurse said...

OMG!!!!! I feel like a total a@#!*! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
I must tell you.. it took me until tonight to read all my comments from "that" post of mine.... so I had no idea!!! And you know before hand.. My head was really not into reading anybodies blogs... Oh.. I feel so retched! BC i was here the other day bc I was so happy about your post on the shells names...
So...thank you for the award..
and thank you for your kind words..support and just everything...
I know you understand..
xoxo
Cricket

pam @ iLoveShelling said...

Della! You are so sweet!!!! Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for including me in the honorable mentions category!!! heehee! This is my first recognition with an award so thank you!! I am truly honored. xoxoxo (sorry I'm so late coming to the party ;) )

PS- I have Cherokee blood running through this freckled skin

Della said...

How could I NOT include you Pam?! You are one of the shelling Diva's! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...