I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

From Coastal to Tropical Part 2

Hello my beachy friends!
This post has been a loooooong time coming...at least it seems like it to me!

I'm not even sure where to start???

Hmmm...

How about the Heart of the Home?

The Kitchen!

before 
during...laying tile
After!
and I took several AFTER pics.


oops...'scuse my dishes in the sink! I do live here...lol.

Bree loves it!
Ahhh... that's better!

Zach approves!
Did you notice I still need a threshold? Maybe by the end of the week???

so many DOORS!


Nothing is on it's proper shelf, or in it's proper place....yet.

CD shelf makes a great SHELL shelf

As you can see, I still need to do some decorating. LOTS of decorating. And window treatments.

My bedroom had a massive remodel too!

Buuuuut since I'm still looking for a bedding set, and curtains....this room will have to wait...for Coastal to Tropical Part 3!

But it is so pretty! and I'm oh sooooo Happy! Which means my hubby is oh so happy, too!!!

I did spend half of yesterday running all over town looking for the perfect bedding set,(cause I want it NOW!) and found several...but they also were not washable, and I will not compromise! I did find one online that I am ordering. It IS washable!

I will have some after decorating pics coming up. Just give me a little...okay maybe more than a little...time.

Right now my craft room is full of my wall hangings, pictures, and various decor items. It is a mess!

I took some pics of my mess, but I don't think you really want to see it!

I better get busy! It's time to hang some stuff!

Love,
Del

16 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the floor...WOW! That is really gorgeous! Hubby is GOOD! And you will really enjoy the pretty color you chose for the walls! Your shells really show up well on that background! It looks really beautiful! I know you are happy to have so many nice changes! I clicked on a photo to enlarge and see the shells on top of your cabinets. I still haven't decorated on top of mine! ♥

Shelllady said...

Beautiful Della....show us pics of the bedding set...!!! We're anxiously awaiting the reveal!!

RottenMom said...

Love the color you choose for the kitchen walls, so pretty!

I've had really good luck in finding bedding at Overstock.com. Shipping is something like 3 bucks and sometimes you can find online discount codes.

Kaybe said...

That corally-orange is my favorite color right now. I am re-doing my bathroom towels & shower curtain in it. I am so glad you posted the pic of the cd holder. I have one that I was getting ready to donate & you have given me a bright idea.

Take good care,

Karen

Creatively Missy said...

Loving that color and the floor looks great! I SO want to learn to tile floors one day.

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW! Your floor looks great!!! I didn't see your dishes in the sink, but I need to do mine! lol

The house is looking fantastic and it's all so bright and happy--perfection!
XO
Cindy

Rachel said...

definitely a tropical look now! I bet that whole area is so warm and bright when the sun shines through! Its looking gorgeous!

julie cavender said...

How exciting!! New decor to play with. That paint color is fab. Have fun picking out all the goodies to go with the new decor.

Athena's Armoury said...

Oh, wow! What a difference! That coral color really warms things up a lot. It's looking really great, Del!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The cd holder for the shells is so clever. I LOVE the colors you chose for your walls. Everything looks great! Can I come over and hang out??

Unknown said...

Yay, I was hoping I wouldn't miss this! I have to say, I can totally tell you have a Florida home...Something about the layout, small ceilings...ahaha. Reminds me of home. Anyhow, I love the color choice and how you lined up all those pretty shells at the top of your cabinets. The tiles looks great as well!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh yippeeee Del nothing is more satisfying then new floors! What cute puppers they look very happy. Enjoy yourself and Thanks for the encouraging words!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Cute doggies you have. The colors are super and the tile looks good too. What work it must have been!

Sheryl Hastings said...

What? You mean you have dirty dishes in the sink at times? LOL

Very nice. Love that tile. That looks so similar to the tile my husband put in our kitchen last summer. I hope you didn't stub your toes while waiting for the threshold!

I love your bright colors! Wish I would have went brighter in mine.

It is a good feeling when you can freshen up the place. I love my new kitchen!

Eyelah said...

your dog is so cute! I just want to smoosh his face.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Della,
You are one of my guest artists at Shabby Girls' Club!!!
Congratulations!!!
XO
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...