I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

From Coastal to Tropical

When I moved into my home 8 years ago, I chose cool coastal colors.
Now I'm tired of my cool coastal DRAB gray...


and I want some COLOR!

I've been going back and forth between Quiet Providence Peach, and Sweet Pink Grapefruit.

One day I am SURE that I want
Sweet Pink Grapefruit...
and the next day, and I'm like nooooo I like the
Quiet Providence Peach!
and back and forth, and on an on....

My paint samples are starting to get worn!

The Providence Peach is more PINK
and the Pink Grapefruit is more CORAL

I love BOTH of them! (and they are actually about the color of the color above them...my scanner lightened them a touch)

I think my marble merman and mermaid would really pop with one of these colors!

 

And things on this glass shelf would catch the eye better, too!

I still have about a week to decide. During this time I will be painting my oh too blue bedroom!
It is NOT the color that was on my sample when I chose it!


This room will soon be more of a nice sea green.  With flooring to match my furniture!

I have also picked out tile for the kitchen ;)


I picked this tile for the colors....but the name just happens to be OCEAN something! LOL
I think it will look amazing next to the PINK or CORAL dining room!

Okay, enough dreaming! 

It's time to clear out my bedroom, and get it started, so I can get it finished...
so I can move on to the living/dining areas. 
My little break is over...time to get movin' again.

pssssst...I have been playing around with some Olive shells, too!

Love,
Del

 






10 comments:

Theresa said...

Either one of the colors will make your accessories pop. The gray behind them somehow seems to blend in. You might see if you can get samples of the colors and try them out before you decide. Light does really strange things to colors. We took forever to finally decide because the colors looked so different on the walls.

Good luck.
chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I had to skip the honey bun cake! heehee! But it sure looked good! Playing around with shells...that caught my attention! And I love the changes you are making! You have such a nice bright dining room...the peachy colors will be beautiful! You are staying BUSY...thought you were going to take a break to read and relax! ♥♥♥ ( I took out one heeheehee...just so you know!When you meet me you'll know I laugh a lot though!)

SarahBeth said...

My vote's for the grapefruit! You could get a little sample can of each and paint a big swatch on your wall and watch them as the day goes on and the light changes.

It will be pretty, no matter which you choose!

Rachel said...

go for the coral! Pink may get hard on the eyes. What if you painted the walls one color and then had accent or frames on the wall in the other color? Let us know what you do, can't wait to see!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Hey there, first of I lvoe your tile, when I first looked at it it reminded me of the ocean. Love! I'd go with the coral, it is more neutral and chic, and it is a tropical color. The pink might be to girlish or wahsed out. Your choice of course. I'm jealous about your sea green future bed room-love that color, too. cheers

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I totally agree with Rachel and she said exactly the same thing I was going to say. LOVE, love, love your mermaid statue!

Kaybe said...

I think it is a lot easier to pick out a color if you don't read the name. I've found I will pick any color or pattern that is named "Sanibel". Thank goodness for those little paint samples. You can try color blocks on your wall before you commit.

Take good care,

Karen

Abby / Linda said...

I like the grapefruit color! It's going to be stunning! And, thanks for visiting my blog! Have fun decorating!!!

Almost Precious said...

I don't think you can go wrong with either color, they're both lovely. I know what you mean about picking Florida colors, my first home had sea-foam and pale peach in it. After a short while I soon grew tired of the all too typical "retired in Florida" color palette and went with apple green, light terra cotta tones and cream. Everyone thought I was crazy but when it was done I loved it. You really just have to go with what your heart tells you to.

Sheryl Hastings said...

Either one of those colors would be beautiful and you are right, it will make those items stand out! Good choice in colors.

BTW....I like the grapefruit one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...