I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fancy Seashell Hair Pins

I have been playing again, and just in time for summer beach weddings on the other side of the world!
These pretty seashell, pearl, and crystal hair pins would look oh so pretty in summer up do's! When hubby and I get around to renewing our vows on the beach, I'll make a set for myself.
The shell has been wire wrapped in sterling silver over copper wire, and dangles in the center of the fancy hair pin. Lovely little freshwater pearls are accented with tiny 3mm Swarovski Crystal Elements with shimmery aurora borealis finish. Pretty loops at the top of the hair pins make these extra feminine and oh so enchanting!
Can't you just imagine these sticking in the top of one of those fancy and feminine braids I rave about?!
They dangle beautifully placed upside down as well! Who wants to wait for a summer beach wedding? I want a pair of these now! I'd love to wear them for the Christmas season! The Florida version of icicles! Hahaa! I LOVE THEM!

Do you have special hair accessories that you wear for the holidays? I do now! Or will as as soon as I get back to my little studio to create a pair of these for myself!

Have a beachy day!
Del

6 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Della, those are stunning! I've never seen anything like that. I wish I had long hair so I could wear those in a bun. That is one sweet idea!

julie cavender said...

Those are awesome! I love to wear my long hair up. I might have to get a pair!

Shelllady said...

Della,

LOVE.LOVE..LOVE these! You do such beautiful work!! They are absolutely wonderful!! I bet you have great luck with these!!

Shelly said...

OMG, those are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! So elegant and feminine.. this may be my most favorite thing I've seen by you yet!

Sheryl Hastings said...

Those are beautiful! They are so dainty looking. They'd be so perfect for a wedding.....or any occasion.

Theresa said...

Della, those hairpins are absolutely stunning!! You should market them to teenagers for homecoming or proms also. You are one very talented lady!!

Chatter from Texas
and
Note Cards and Photos by Theresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...