I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Seashell Photo Frames

This is a simple project that I finally got around to. I just had to have a design, and I had to remember to order more shells.

My daughter Kandi brought the kids new school pictures with her when they came to visit in Dec/Jan. I knew I wanted special frames for these pictures, and I wanted them to match my decor. I'm kinda weird like that. Plain and simple I am, but I like unified decor.

While playing around with those flat scallops and limpets, a design started to take form in my head. I didn't have enough of either, and was also one turitella short. I ordered more shells, and used my handy dandy adhesive to adhere the shells to my frames.
I love how the grandkids pics look in these frames!
The spiral turitella's look so cool butted up against each other, and the contrast in colors between the scallops and limpets is beautiful....not as beautiful as Gwyn and Brady....but beautiful enough to put their pics in these frames.
I love these kids, and the frames are pretty cool, too!

And ah hem....I am way too young to have grandkids that look this old!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way cool! (as usual) :-)

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Beautiful frames, altho not as beautiful as your grandkids! What are those flat shells?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your grands are precious! I got a new photo of my oldest this week...they sure grow up fast. Love the frames...you can make anything more beautiful!

Giggly said...

Those are the prettiest shell frames I've ever seen. :) Your grand kids are cute too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...