I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beach Days and Recovery Mode

Wow, it's been a long time since I was here! I'm sorry. Sometimes, I have no control over my health, or lack of it. Lupus truly sucks. I'm still not 100%, but feeling a tad better most days. Blah! I would do so much better if I just stayed my ass home, and didn't go anywhere. But who can do that 24/7??? I do like to get out once in a while, lol.

I did have some fun beach days before I went into recovery mode ;) but I was gluten poisoned on a Gulf beach by a fake hamburger patty, and have been sick ever since. I won't be eating from the beach food trucks again. ugh! It's a good thing the Gulf was the last outing we did during that weekend, lol.

I didn't find great shells, but I did find some neat pieces and small shells, and regular ole clams, arks, a couple of augers, and ceriths and such.

We visited Washington Oaks Gardens State Park, but that's another post on it's own. Part of this park is across the road from the gardens, and is the Atlantic Ocean! Which is one of the reasons I chose this park to visit!


It was a beautiful day to be on the beach!



And this is what drew me to this park, besides that it has a beach. The Coquina rocks are amazing!

I'd like to go back in the fall when it's not quite so hot & humid. I want to explore some more, and this is where I found all the very smooth pieces of shell.

Our Goddaughter was visiting at this time with her father, who is a good friend of ours from Idaho.
She turned 15 in Florida, and had the vacation of a lifetime. Her daddy spoils her big time ;)


She's such a cutie, and a sweetie too! Love this girl!
She loved Florida, and will most definitely be back! This was her first time seeing the ocean, so we made sure she saw the Atlantic, and the Gulf! I just wish there had been better shells to find. There's always next time, right?!

We also visited the St. Augustine Lighthouse while on the east coast, and so close to it. I made a photo into a watercolor with my app.


One of these days I will find a perfect spot to stand to get the entire lighthouse. I wanted the top of it for sure, so cut the bottom off. I still love it though! I took a lot of pictures at the lighthouse, again, lol I always do. This is one of my favorite lighthouses! If you are in the area, you  must visit!

There is so much to see and do in Florida, and I hope to cram in as much as I can! Even if it means days or weeks of recovery.

The actual gardens in the park (across the road from the beach) was a real delight. I did take several pictures, and could have taken more. There was so much beauty!

That is my next post...

and my raised garden beds, and sea themed gazing ball. That ball has been a long, slow process. I can't wait to move on to the next project!

I did make some Etsy purchases recently, and they are stellar! I also received a very cool & special gift, and I must share that with you too!

What are your must do's for this summer?

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great picture of you and dave!

Hope you're feeling better now. xoxo

julie cavender said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better! Thanks for the tour!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...