I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, February 13, 2012

I mentioned the other day about getting out of my comfort zone, and it began with putting shells on leather cords. I tend to go for small and dainty. Not big, or gaudy. But, I know that many women love big pieces of jewelry. BIG earrings.
Flat scallops, or fan scallops, are just that. Pretty darn big!
These are really fun, and SO noticeable! I'm stepping farther out of my comfort zone, completely out of the box! It's a start anyway....

And dare I mention I'm seriously thinking about changing my shop name? There's much to do. It's pretty much like completely starting over, except that I have the product, and I know so much more now, than I knew back then. Sometimes, it's all in the name. I have been wanting to do this for months. I have thought about it repeatedly. It's a new year, and change is good.

I do have a surplus of business cards. ( sad face)
But I can get new ones!
My packaging is easily adaptable ~ Super happy face :D

Let the adventure begin?


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Del, I just did the same exact thing. I made new logos and changed my name too, it was worth it because I think at least for me my name is now much easier to remember and recognize. I also feel like its more 'me' and representative of my style.

The work will pay off, have fun and I can't wait to see your new name!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the name Del's Shells best! It's perfect! And I love this shell! Did you make a necklace, too? Enjoy your day! It's a cold start, isnt' it? ♥♥♥

Shelllady said...

Del....LOVE the earrings, tho' they probably are too big for me too, but they are BEAUTIFUL!

BTW, on my blog, I follow the orange blossom blog, and it shows you updated with a new name, but when you click it it says it's moved! What's the new name??? Or is it just this one Del's Shells??

I'm confused!!

Shelllady said...

Wow a necklace with these beauties would be GREAT! My daughter loves unusual necklaces!! That's a great idea!!

The Beaded Pillow said...

Although the new BIG earrings wouldn't work for me, they'll be just right for someone; they are so incredible! Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone; it's a hard thing to do but so much a part of growth and success. Be sure to let me know the new name....thanks!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

This is SO exciting - change is in the air. Go girl!! Love the earrings. They are too big for my tiny head but a necklace would be very cool!

Cheryl K said...

WOWEE!
Such pretty shells.
Oh, I wrestle with the shop name issue constantly. I can't figure out what to do.
Good luck!

Sheryl Hastings said...

I really envy the girls that can pull of the big earrings! I have a niece that does that well.

I think if you are going to change your shop name, you should go for it! I'll be making some changes with mine myself and I think a name change will probably have to go with it.

Heck yah! We can get great business cards for under 20 bucks!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

If it feels right then go for it. I'd be happy to promote your shop on my blog too. And I love those new earings-never seen flat shells so big.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...