I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Seashore Treasures

My idea of treasure can be a beautiful and perfect shell, or an old time worn chunk of one. I pick up many bits and pieces because I like the color, the shape, and/or the texture.
When I returned home last weekend from Caladesi Island, I tossed (gently) my shells onto the table in the Florida Room, to be cleaned another day.
There's little bits of everything in there, some coral, a little piece of wood, even some pieces of sponges. I like to put those out by the fish pond.
After soaking and cleaning my sea treasures, I laid them out to dry on a towel, on the hot tub, beneath the sky light.
 Some bits, some pieces, and some whole shells.
This giant Atlantic cockle is going in my bathroom. I have a few of them in there.
But this beautiful Lightening Whelk will be on display for everyone to see.
So pretty! I know hubby was the first to see it laying there between the rocks, and left it there for me to find...although he says he has no idea what I'm talking about. Yeah right, un huh.
He's such a sweetie!

5 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

You picked up some beauties. The whelk was the best one tho.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Della Sweetie...
Oh my gosh, what treasures. What beauties you found. I dream of walking the shores and searching for those perfect shells. I love hearing the surf, the waves coming in and out across my feet leaving behind the ocean floor treasures. I can even feel the mist on my face as I walk. You allow me to dream. Thank you sweet friend. Love the shells.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Daniella said...

Oh I love the pieces and bits!! The whole shells are gorgeous, but some of the bits and sponges are awesome!!
Can't see what you make with them!!
I promise to email you soon!
xxDaniella

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That lightening whelk is SO perfect! And the coral is very pretty! I love everything! And it's nice to know I'm not the only one that picks up pieces...that are a pretty color or shape! I just like bending over! heehee! ♥♥♥

She Uses Her Words said...

You are so blessed to live near the sea! Such beautiful finds!
xo, Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...