I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Views of Florida

This past week has been a whirlwind of activity for me. I have been busy and running around like crazy.

I finally managed to take some time and clean that pile of shells. Whew! What a job! I didn't think I'd ever get them finished. Now, I have get to sort them. This is actually almost as fun as finding them in the first place! Reliving the finding part, and remembering exactly what we did find. I try not to ooh and aah too much while cleaning them, or I would never get finished!

About the running around part- I'm in great need of certain findings (jewelry making parts) to complete some projects. I searched my town up one side, and down the other looking. Nothing, Nada, Zip of what I was looking for. You gotta be kidding me!

So, I search Etsy. The only ones I can find came from China. That's a longer wait than I want to wait to get my stuff. I have things to finish! So, I didn't order. I pondered on it for a while, and then thought, maybe they are listed differently. Just search for __________. And that was the secret. Not everyone calls this component by it's full name. Aha! So I have orders coming from various places across the USA. I can't wait for my supplies to get here!

Anyway, I wanted to share some more pictures from last weekend!
This boat is big! It's called the SCREAMER. I bet it is! When those engines kick in and it takes off, it looks like a SCREAMING good time. We are going to do this one of these days!

The Mangroves are so awesome, and provide a home to many species of fish and sea life.

                                      I love Palm Trees!

This mural is amazing! I would love a closer picture, but this was snapped out the window at a stop light.

I can't ever take too many pics of birds and wildlife.

Oh, the beauty of a Gulf Coast sunset. Every one is different. Sometimes the sun disappears into the ocean. Other times, into the clouds. The sky tinged in pinks and purples.


This shell was cool, but very much taken. Can you see the slipper shells adhered onto it in the 2nd pic?
How cool is that?! hermit crab beat me to it though....bummer.

If everything goes as planned, I'll be back soon with a shell post!




6 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Thanks for a Florida beach fix! I needed that.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of your photos and the neat pic of the shell! It was a dreary day today but I sewed all day so that worked out good for me! And we never have everything we need when we are working on a project! I had to go to Walmart in the rain today for zippers and purple thread! lol Hugs my friend! ♥♥♥

Cheryl K said...

Just catching up on your posts...wow, I love all that loot you found! Can't wait to see more! It's so cold up here, I can only wish I were barefoot in the water like you right now.

Sheryl Hastings said...

Great pictures! I especially love the mural. We have a couple by us and love seeing them. I wish I would have taken a picture of the one on the building where I used to work. There was a bar next door and the outside was painted with party-goers. So pretty.

I'm glad you got all your supplies! You are going to have so much fun when they all arrive.

Completely Coastal said...

Always love tours!! Cool mosaic!!

Migrainista said...

oh my gosh, what wonderful pictures! How wonderful that you live so close to all these shells and beaches and palm trees.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...