I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, March 12, 2012

It was meant to be

How was your weekend? I hope your weather was better than ours! It has been dark, gloomy, and raining for days, and I am looking forward to the next few promised SUNNY days!

Since I was stranded inside chose to stay in, I holed up in my craftroom to do some listings, and work on my custom order.

I love the creative process that goes into each and every one of my pieces. It starts as this tiny little thought, and before I know it, I've created something hard to say goodbye to when the time comes. But I love to think of the joy that they bring to the person who wears them!

This necklace was a long time in the making.
Oh, it went together just fine! But it didn't start out with a moon snail shell...
No, no it didn't.
It started out with a maple leaf shell, or a frog shell, as it's also called.
But the shell is too thin for the bail :( and not quite the right color.

So I changed to a gorgeous auger!
This was a perfect fit!
I like the auger on it better than the maple leaf shell. The coloring is better matched.
But I had to take it off....I needed it for something else. It's a big auger. I need more of these! 
I have plenty of small ones :)

Well, Some things are just meant to be!
I love the moon snail for this necklace. The color match is perfect.

No, it's not a perfect shell. It has a couple of blemishes. It's seen a few hard times and knocks in life.
Haven't we all? It's still beautiful~

This seashell necklace has big white south sea shell pearls, and nice plump mauve freshwater pearls. So pretty and pastel, and lovely for spring! This necklace is short, measures 16 inches, and would look so nice with strappy and strapless dresses and tops.


The creative juices have been flowing, and I have more designs to create from my sketches!
And more photos to take of finished items!

But first....I have errands and shopping to attend to.
At least it's going to be a beautiful day to run around town!

Is everyone having an extra early spring?

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Beautiful! Shark eyes are one of my favorite shells. We have the rain here today. Hope its sunny by you now!

julie cavender said...

It's a gorgeous creation! I know what you mean about being hard to say goodbye to. But I, too, think about the joy someone else will get from it! I hope your weather improves. Ours has been pretty nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...