I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Mermaids Delight!

My first delight is a little project that is something of my own, and I've been working on it for some time now. Working on it, setting it aside, pondering and planing, working a little more, and finally completing.
This hand mirror remained like this for several weeks (okay, a couple of months) while I contemplated what I wanted to do next.
And the brush remained as thus...

Think think think!

Okay, thinking too hard. Leave it alone, and it will come.

Lo and behold, it did!

This is going to be so pretty on my vanity! The tarnish is beautiful, and gives this mirror and brush set an ancient and time worn look. Like it was handed down from mermaid to mermaid.

The glue I used is amazing! I can pick up the mirror by a limpet shell and it holds true! Weather proof and waterproof, too!

While I had a pile of limpet shells out, and having finished my vanity set, I decided to play in the realm of mermaids some more, and made some hair accessories, too.
 An entire selection of limpet shell barrettes and bobby pins!
One large seashell barrette, two small seashell barrettes, and a set of two seashell hair pins/bobby pins.

A perfect assortment to tame those wild mermaid tresses!
I wish you could see them in person, because my photos do NOT do them justice!!!

And I used the same glue on these.... they should hold up through a hurricane.

I'm going to have to get better pictures than this before I list these limpet shell hair accessories in my shop!

I have many pictures to take, several new things to list, AND I'm working on another custom order!

This mermaid better get her tail flippin' and get some things done!

I'll see you soon with some pretty and cool new seashell creations :D

Have a Great Weekend!

7 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Della - that mirror and brush are my new favorite pieces. LOVE the way they turned out! The hairpins are cute too. You really are in creative mode lately!

Migrainista said...

So So So Pretty!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was talking out loud when I saw the mirror and brush. Hubby walked by to take a look! I was saying WOW...look at that! It is GORGEOUS, Della! Just amazingly beautiful! The other thing hubby said is we've never seen a limpet shell...how pretty and unique! Enjoy your day, mermaid! ♥♥♥

Kathryn Dyche said...

Loving those limpet shell barrettes, looks like you've been busy. Just out of curiousity what glue did you use? I've been trying to figure out what heavy duty glue to use with some of my artwork.

Sheryl Hastings said...

Wow! That is definitely the prettiest brush and mirror set I've ever seen. It will look so pretty sitting on your vanity. Those blue and the pearls add so much. Sometimes you just have to put something to the side and eventually the inspiration will come. Great job!

Kaybe said...

Gorgeous! They are looking like a mini sailor's valentine.

Shelly said...

Holy cow, that mirror and brush are TO DIE FOR!!! I've always wanted to be a mermaid, and I think using those two things would surely make any gal feel like one! Nice work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...