I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Seashell Rings

I've made a few rings where I just epoxy a pretty shell onto a ring base, and wal-lah it's done. I recently added a barnacle ring to my Etsy shop. I epoxy'd little freshwater pearls into the holes of the barnacle, and it looks quite exotic. I was going to add some little ball tipped head pins to the holes in the pearls, but Laci talked me out of it. She liked it just the way it was. Apparently so did a couple of other people. Within mere minutes of being listed, this ring had 5 views and 2 admirers! Okay, Lace was right on this one. LOL She said it reminds her of an anemone.
It makes me think of those big ole diamond cocktail rings. So, Anemone Cocktail Ring it is! It comes with matching bands, too. You can wear this set a few ways. Without the bands, with one band, with both bands, with a band in front of, and one behind....and it all started with a little purple barnacle.

Big rings that go across several fingers is really in style these days, and although I really don't give a fig about fashion, I do try to please everyone as far as my jewelry goes.
 I really do like this ring, though. Regardless of it being "in style".
It's just cool!
This ring is a size 8 and fits my middle finger, but it would look neat on the ring finger as well.
This will be in my Etsy shop soon!

I'll be on the lookout for more shells and things for rings! Checkout the other seashell rings in my shop, too!

Remember I mentioned pictures....of me....in some new clothes?
It's not happening this week.

The days day I wore makeup no one was here to take my pic, and ummm the tripod is STILL broken, and hasn't been replaced. One of those famous "I can fix it" deals where it doesn't get fixed. So he should have just let me buy a new one back when the darn thing broke.

Soooo, I'm hoping to slap on some makeup over the weekend and have someone, anyone, take some pics of me! At least I'm hoping to feel well enough. I haven't been feeling well this week. I get my lab results back at my nephrologist appointment on Monday. I'm not feeling very positive about it. I'll let you know if my suspicions are confirmed. I certainly won't let it get me down, and will continue on as usual. Cause that's how I roll!

I have something new just for MOMS! I'll get to that soon!

I'll be working on my jingle project, too. It's been trial, error, and redo on it for so long, I'm really anxious for it to be finished!

Do you have a project that keeps throwing you for a loop?

9 comments:

Kaybe said...

In another life I was an oyster shucker at a raw bar in Orlando. I love oyster shells but never thought of wearing one as a ring. Hope all goes well with the labs. xo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope you feel better this weekend, my friend. I know you have so many creative projects you want to work on! I'm off to look at the rings...I don't have one of them! I posted my chicks this morning...hand sewn and a LOT of work! But oh so cute! Enjoy your day! I need to GET OUT for a little bit today! ♥

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Della,
I think it must be so magical to work with shells because each piece is, indeed an original! and your work is gorgeous, my friend!!!
Xo
Cindy

The Beaded Pillow said...

Love the rings. Laci...smart girl. And you are so darn funny! (Can't wait for that tripod to get fixed. LOL)

Cheryl said...

Sending healing thoughts your way...
Love the rings! You come up with something new and interesting each week!
YES, I have a trial and error project that has been dogging me. I was supposed to blog about it weeks ago but then more...problems...and now I have solutions to figure out before I finish the darn thing and write my post. {grrrrr....}

Shelly said...

Beautiful ring! I really love the idea of using barnacles in your jewelry.. I've always thought they were neat and underrated so I hope to see more to come!

Sheryl Hastings said...

I'm not a slave to fashion myself but that ring sure is pretty! You sure do come up with some cool items.

Lizzie Barbie said...

Gorgeous jewelry. Following you from the beaded pillow's blog. Have a nice evening.

Eyelah said...

All my projects throw me for a loop! But, I did finish the dress I worked on. I love the shell rings. Such a good idea to put them on a ring back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...