I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Keeping Time

A few weeks ago I sold my Time Zone Necklace.

The piece had been favorited (hearted, admired) by someone. They had shown it to a loved one, and so it was purchased as a gift for her from that loved one's mother. (we'll just call her Mom)

You see, Mom's son was about to be deployed to Afghanistan, and son's fiance was the admirer of the necklace.

Well, having 2 of her 4 sons deployed to Afghanistan, Mom wanted one of these Time Zone Necklaces, too.

I can do that.

After a few convos back and forth, we came up with a very personalized Time Zone Necklace for Mom.

Mom has not just 2 sons in the military, but 4!



It takes special people to fight for our country. And it takes an extra special person to be the mom of those who do fight.

I really enjoyed working on this piece for Mom!
When I finished, and was taking pics, I was overcome with emotion at the significance of this necklace, and began to cry.

It felt really good.




4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That is an awesome story!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How special! That really does mean so much to that person AND to you! I mentioned you on my post tonight! Hugs! ♥

The Beaded Pillow said...

Wonderful, Della....just wonderful. You are so talented and creative and you've made very special keepsakes.

(PS: check out my latest post)

Migrainista said...

So cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...