I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Framed Seashells

On Sunday we were planning on going on a little outing, but the weather was so nasty we decided to stay in and do some little projects around the house.

I started to organize my craft room, and ran across some frames I had put away before Christmas, with the intention of doing something with them when I had time.

I have to make time for things, because I never have spare time on my hands. I'm always doing or making something.

The frames were kinda ugly...
so I hit them with a few coats of bronze spray paint.

I needed an insert, like a backer board...
I cut cardboard to fit inside, coated it with tacky glue, and dusted them with sand.

I chose 3 appropriate sized matching shells...
and sprayed them with high gloss sealer.

My little project was coming together!

and there it is!

and I still have room to add a little something.

The longest part of the project was the drying times. Very simple, very easy!

Now I have to make the time to finish my list of projects, and it's pretty long.

First, I better get my crafty space ready to store more shells!




12 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Those turned out great. Did you take the glass out of the frames? What a great idea.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The high gloss sealer really brings out the beauty of the colors! They really look pretty on your wall! Great project! ♥

Completely Coastal said...

Looks great!! I have yet to do something like this..., I have two frames waiting. lol.

Migrainista said...

LOVE IT! What a great idea!

Kerri Farley said...

They look GREAT!!

The Beaded Pillow said...

Great way to upcycle old frames! And I love the seahorse.

Kaybe said...

For such a common shell they look really special grouped in the frames. Very nice. You'll love Boca Grande of course you would need a knowledgable shell guide...uhumm

Cheryl K said...

Wow! Looks like you're on to something there.

julie cavender said...

I love projects like that! You have everything there just waiting to be turned into something cool. Nice job!

Sheryl Hastings said...

The turned out beautiful! Isn't it a great feeling when something turns out like that? I also love your seahorse!

Leo said...

Came out great! They look awesome on the wall. Hope all is well. XO Debbie

BeautifulDees said...

Beautiful shell's and I love your wall color.
Thank you for your kind comment's, I alway's look forward to hear from you.
Thank you my dear friend.
Love,Debbie:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...