I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Hometown Fun

Even though I love to spend time crafting and creating, and playing with my shells, sometimes I just need to get OUT of the house. To do something different and recharge my batteries!

On Saturday I did something I've never done before.
I went to a chili cook off, and dragged my hubby along :) Even though it was in the HIGH 80's!!!




The Livestock Pavilion was packed! This was my towns 31st Annual Chili Cook Off. I'm usually quite ill with pneumonia or bronchitis by this time of year....but not this year!


The gorgeous red Camaro brought in from Palm Chevrolet. They had a beautiful blue Corvette, too.


Our Ocala Cannibals had a chili booth, too! Straight in the middle of the above photo you see a black tshirt with a bright green logo....that's Jessie waving at us :) We wore our Cannibal shirts, too ;)
The Cannibals took 3rd place for best chili!  It was so good we went back for 2nds!                   


My hometown is where E-One builds fire engines and emergency vehicles. They had one on display at the cook off.




This fire engine is one puuuuuurrrrrty piece of equipment!


And there were belly dancers, too!





And a mini cheer squad!



Bounce houses for the kiddos!

There was a live band too, but we were so stuffed full of chili, and it was so hot, we were ready to go home...

and take a nap. ZZZZZZZZZ

6 comments:

julie cavender said...

Wow, I'm the first comment! I never get here first. It must be the time change! LOL!!

There were a lot of people there! I'm glad you weren't sick this time. Bronchitis is awful!

Looks like a fun time and you got to eat, too. Even it was chili in the 80 degree heat!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Now that looked like a lot of fun. Could you go around and sample any chili that you wanted? Do you pay for the chili? How does that work? And you killed me with the camaro photo!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Chili and belly dancers! What kind of hometown do you live in? heeheehee! Oh I remember....the same one I live in! hahaha! Looks like amazing fun! I bet the whole place smelled spicy and yummy! Congrats to the Cannibals for 3rd place...that's high praise with that many entries! I'm glad you had fun! We're back and loving this nice warm weather!

Sheryl Hastings said...

What a fun way to spend some time away from your studio! I love big events. Sometimes we need to take a real break and when we come back, we are un-stoppable!

I love chili. There are so many ways to eat it. My husband makes it here and it is good!

Migrainista said...

Glad you got a chance to get out and recharge your batteries.

Eyelah said...

Sounds like you had a great time. It's always nice to get out do other things besides work and crafts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...