I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Crafty Genes

Growing up with a momma who was always crafting or sewing something, my kids couldn't help but to be bitten by the craft bug. All of my kids are amazingly talented, and artistic. Brag, Brag!

Today, the spotlight is on my youngest, the baby of the family, Shae. Shae IS the Cross Stitch Queen! I'm not kidding. The backs of her stitchery's are as pretty as the front. She is always being featured somewhere!

For our anniversary, she made us the most amazing, incredible piece! You can get the story behind it here. Without further ado, here is the Amazing Cross Stitch!

Contra Cross Stitch Scan

This has been featured on Wedinator and Craft! This piece has over 70 colors in it, and thousands of stitches! I can't remember the exact number (bad momma) but it's way more than you would think.

She made an awesome stitchery for her dad for Father's Day, too!
Father's Day Gift
This was stitched on screen. The kind of screen in pool enclosures (aka pool cage), and screenrooms. The frame is made of aluminum that is used to build pool cages and enclosures, and was custom made for her by John.

Some of my favorites include her Twilight Book Cover piece....
Twi-stitch Scan
and her Luigi Largo from the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera.
Luigi2
This has like four hundred thousand stitches, and I'm not kidding!

This is a scene from Poltergeist, with a quote from Peeves the Poltergeist from Harry Potter.
Peeves the Poltergeist Scan
She gave this away in a swap!

She is amazingly talented, and fast! She has done hundreds of stitchery's. She loves to do subversive cross stitch, too, but I'm not going to shock you with any of those. I stuck to her Safe for Work stitches :D

I am SO proud of my little girl!
Stitching
Here she is "stitching in public" at RenFaire. Isn't she a cutie?! I love this girl!

Thanks for the amazing anniversary gift Shae! I will cherish it FOREVER!

Love,
Mommasaur aka Del 

3 comments:

Giggly said...

Yay! I love this post! And your crafty family!

Amanda said...

Wow, she does amazing work! Thanks for sharing! :)

julie cavender said...

I love the Twilight cover! That's incredible. I did some cross stitch when I was in my 20's(a long time ago)so I know how hard that is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...