I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Seeing Stars

My first attempt at painting a starfish....

I wondered if it looked authentic enough.

Shae thought it was real!

Grandpuppy Tanner tried to take a bite out of it! ( I saw him lunging and saved it in the nick of time!)
I don't know about ALL Boxers, but all of ours have eaten MANY starfish. Until I learned to hang them on the wall...if only I knew then what I know now!

This one has a hole in the back that can be used to hang it from.
I didn't realize how much I missed painting. I sure am enjoying it again! I wonder how many different kinds of starfish I can find to paint?

Oh! Did I mention that it's ceramic? Oh, I'm sure you already knew! No foolin' you guys!

Have a beautiful star filled day, and night!

Love,
Del

6 comments:

Kaybe said...

Good job! I thought it was real until I saw the turtle next to it. Those are super nice for decorating.

Take good care,

Karen

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just mentioned you in an email to Shellbelle! I told her I never knew anyone else that was drawn to the sea the way I am and that could feel like I do until I met her...and YOU! When I read what you write, I know that I have someone else that feels the way I do about the ocean! And you did a great job on your starfish! Very nice! ♥

Shellbelle said...

Ha, I see Diane has already been here and told you about the email she sent. We lovers of the sea seem to flock together like birds of a feather, lol

Your starfish turned out lovely!

Della said...

I am such a lucky lady to have made such beachy friends as you all. I truly thank my lucky "stars" for all of you :D

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

Gorgeous! You did a great job!

xo,
melissa

Shelllady said...

I love the Starfish, you did a great job!!

I have a new appreciation on your jewelry (and I was so impressed already)....tried it myself, and I obviously need more practice, better light, and better vision! I wanted to surprise my daughter with a necklace and earring set made out of jewel boxes....I think I need lots more practice!! You do a great job at all you do!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...