I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Seashell Saturday

It doesn't have to be a pretty shell to get my attention. Some are even prettier because of their flaws, or when they are broken in half and you can see the inside!

Old shells are amazing to me, and I wonder just how ancient they are.
 
 Even these dingy fossilized shells are special to me.
  Some fossils are in other rocks, and limestone.

These barnacle covered scallops caught my eye.
 I just love how the colors blend together. Such pretty purples!

I think these inside spirals are pretty cool, too!

Do you collect unusual things from the beach?

Things most people leave behind....

Then you my friend are a BEACHCOMBER! We are a special group of people, and I'm proud to be a beachcomber!

Are you a beachcomber, too?

Love,
Del

12 comments:

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

That top one is so aged and beautiful. I love seaglass too!

Della said...

The top one is a favorite of mine. My hubby found it!

Rachel said...

Oh wow what amazing things you find. I love the collection of crabby claws and such. I was at the coast of Maine last week and was searching for some cool beach goodies, and you definitely popped into my mind! Sadly I didn't come home with anything :(

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I am definitly a beachcomber too! I can always find some sort of a treasure to bring home. I have jars of sea glass, diferent shells, piles of smooth stones, crab claws and horseshoe crab skeletons. I pick up driftwood and turtle shells. I think beachcombers see the beauty in nature where others might miss it!

Della said...

I'm sorry you didn't find anything Rachel :( I'd love to see the coast of Maine!

I have a horseshoe crab skeleton, too! Yep, we are beachcombers! LOL I pick up just about everything!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I am a beachcomber for sure! I could spend hours on the beach...I never want to leave! I don't even realize I am hungry until my hubby tells me we need to eat! I love these old shells! Have you read the book, Remarkable Creatures? You would love it! ♥

Della said...

I do not recall reading that one Diane, but I'm writing myself a note to pick it up from the library! Thanks!

I'm bad about remembering food, too! It's a good thing our hubby's stomachs remind us! LOL

Shelllady said...

You already know I'm a beachcomber!! :) I love it all, tho' I haven't found much beach glass at Sanibel and I really love it!! I love the treasures....perfect or imperfect!!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Del~
We must meet when i move to Florida!!
Goodness girl... I love these too!
I snatch them all the time..
This is madness!
hehheee!
You have a wonderful week sweet friend!
Smiles~
C

My Life Under the Bus said...

Very cool!!!! We are totally beachcombers! The boys bring BUCKETS of stuff home with them whenever we go to the beach ( of course I put a few aside for me too! XO

Dita Maulani said...

Dear Della.
Those shells are darling! I wish I can make jewelry out of your findings (in smaller size of course) :)

feel free to use the print and hang it on your wall. thank you very much for the share!

dita

Completely Coastal said...

So many great pieces. And I really love the old shells as well..., that ancientness just reflects how grand creation and life is. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...