I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Snapshots

As you start down the path to the beach, there are numerous sea grapes growing. I love the roundness of the leaves, and the clusters of grapes.
I wish I had some sea grapes around my yard, they can grow into quite an impressive tree with a nice trunk!

There's a huge palm tree in the courtyard of the beach club, and we had a great view of it from our balcony!
I love palm trees! They are the essence of tropical Florida to me, and there are so many varieties!

We enjoyed an edible fruit arrangement, an anniversary gift from one of our customers.
This was so refreshing, and the perfect accompaniment to our lobster tails, and shrimp with angel hair pasta. I didn't get a picture of our food, because I dove in before I thought about it! What's in the goblet? It looks like a nice blush, but it's Sparkling Cranberry Juice :D

Hubby spent a few hours drowning some bait...
Here he comes with his Slammer after casting out. He didn't catch anything, except maybe a few zzzzz's while waiting for a bite.

This is my favorite picture of me at the beach
or is it this one?
I really like both of these.

There are murals on the walls around the hotel, and in the rooms.
This one was a few steps from our room.

Early morning on the beach...
hmmmm what did the tide bring in? I bet there's a nice shell under the seaweed!

I spy my hubby with a shirt full of shells!

Where is his shelling bag? Oh yeah, we filled it already!

We always set up the tripod for pictures before we leave, except for this last time. Due to possibly over use, our tripod gave up the ghost. Unfortunately it died on this trip. What an unfortunate time for it to decide 6 years of use was enough.

We tried our best to get a decent pic of the two of us by setting the camera on top of our canopy chairs. Too bad it didn't work as well as we expected....
I'm going to have to crop out the canopy. I'll get another photo op the next time we hit the beach, and I'm bringing a new tripod!

One of the reasons I love the Gulf so much is the beautiful sunsets.
There is nothing in the world like watching the sun drop into the ocean.

I'm headed back to my creation zone now, I hope you enjoyed the trip :)

Love,
Del

8 comments:

julie cavender said...

I did enjoy the trip. Thanks for the tour! I haven't been to the beach in years. I probably need to go just to get some sand in all my clothes.

Bren said...

ohh ahhh eeee I am in envy of a vacation where you can collect shells so easily on the beach!! We dont have any shells like that on our west coast beaches... love it!

Completely Coastal said...

I don't have the beautiful sunsets over the ocean here on Miami Beach..., but still enjoy the evening glow over the ocean very much! It's great to be by the sea!!

Tootie said...

I enjoyed going along on the trip. :) Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Shelllady said...

Loved the report, felt like I was there with you!! Guess you don't want all this company with you honeymooners!! ;) Looks like you had a great time!!

OnePerfectDay said...

That looks great!
I still envy those shells!

Cheryl K said...

I never knew about sea grapes. What great pictures. I saw some beach peas yesterday (blossom stage) and am about to post a pic on Facebook.

You said:
"I didn't get a picture of our food, because I dove in before I thought about it!"

LOL! Sounds like me!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wonderful photos! I love the one of you walking on the beach...and you look great in a swimsuit! Hubby looks very handsome, too! Love the sunset...and the beautiful place you stayed! Everything was perfect! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...