I've been collecting seashells for as long as I can remember. From east to west, coast to coast, and shore to shore, I always find a treasure to keep, and adore.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Come On Summer Time!

Okay, I know I can't complain about the weather. We have had a really nice winter, with very few actual freezes. It does get chilly at night, and we do have the occasional cold day....but all in all our winters are mild compared to elsewhere in the States.

I do prefer spring and summer, though :) aaaannnnnnnddddd I always go barefoot, or wear flip flops or sandals. I have always wanted to make a pair of Barefoot Sandals. Really! And when Courtney aka Bonesaw Betty (from the Ocala Cannibals Roller Derby!!!) pinned a pair on Pinterest and added a tag that said " Della Merritt could make these- she's crafty!" I knew the time had come, and I better get on the ball and make some.

Of course, for my 1st pair, I'm all thinking seashells and beach weddings, right....


so this past Tuesday I gave it go! I didn't have anything else to do.... I'm kinda laid up ;)


Very elegant, and so beach wedding-y!


These will fit an 8.5 to 9 US womens size. I wear an 8 and they are just a lil bit loose on me, but I could wear them without them falling off or anything.




See? Loose, but not falling off loose...an 8 could wear them.


See my boo boo by my big toe joint? A bottle of body wash fell on my foot in the shower :(
I was bleeding! I'm accident prone, to say the least LOL!


Enough side views, huh?


And on the other toe.... ant bite. I told you I run around barefoot.... and ants don't die in the winter where there is no snow!


I must say I DO Love them!!! I want to make a less 'dressy' pair, too. I think they are so fun! And mine are so totally different than any I've ever seen. Have you ever seen any like these? I think a Bohemian style with leather would be cool, too! I almost don't want to put this pair in my shop hmmmmm. And, can I say OUCH for standing on these shells?! It's the mass assortment by my pond out front, and they are not foot traffic friendly! Which is why my toes aren't in an elegant pose hehehehe!


9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I couldn't wait to jump over and here and see what you've made! These are gorgeous! And they really would be perfect for a beach wedding. It would be nice for just around the pool, sunbathing, too. How elegant and pretty! I think these would do well in your shop! WOW!

Migrainista said...

These are fun :)

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

So pretty and romantic. Perfect for a beach wedding.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh those are fun! Sorry about your toe! I would love to wear those, but we can't go barefoot here on the farm....there are some ugly spiders living in the grass....like brown recluse. No barefoot for me outdoors! Oh to have a pile of shells in my yard!

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

Very cute Del! We had snow yesterday so I am dreaming of summer too! :)
I posted recipe for eggs you asked a while ago. Come see what's in it! :)

Cheryl K said...

If I wore those up here, I bet I'd get lots of compliments! We Yankees tend to be conservative and don't adorn ourselves this way.

Sheryl Hastings said...

So pretty! I remember having some beaded barefoot sandals when I was a little girl. I'm so glad they are back in style again because they are so fun to wear!

Those are beautiful, and I agree with Lavender Dreamer, perfect for a beach wedding!

julie cavender said...

Those are cute! I'm not a barefoot person myself except in the house. I have tender feet that say ouch every time I step on a rock!

Roxanne Reinhart said...

Hi Della, haven't heard from you in a while and I'm hoping everything is ok and you just need a break from blogging I haven't posted anything at all on my blog this year but I do look at my favorite blogs almost daily. I don't always comment but I definitely pop in. Anyway like I said, I hope all is well. Miss you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...